iDRY Vacuum Kilns

member map

Started by jmouton, January 27, 2014, 06:30:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmouton

just wondering if its  just me , but my member map is not working, i click on it  , and the screen comes up but where the map is  , it is just white ,,hmmmm,   everything else works fine except that

jim
lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

thecfarm

I think there has been past post about that. It comes and goes for some reason.
I just checked, all blank here too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

jmouton

not that i need it but  i just like to look around  every now and then,  you know

jim
lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

thecfarm

Send Jeff a PM. If he's not busy, he'll work on it for you or us.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jeff

I see no problem on this end other than there are no many entries on it it takes a while to load. Remember, that this is a google function as well, so if there are any issues with google it will show up here.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

SwampDonkey

Loads here Jeff. Is it linked to the profile map?
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

Google does not like thecfarm. I had that page up for 10 minutes and went off and did something else. Came back,looked just the way I left it 10 minutes ago.

SwampDonkey

I let it load at full zoom extent, and the map is plastered with blue pins and under the map is the usernames listed out.  Are you using Noscript and maybe blocking something? ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Magicman

I populates differently for me.  Sometimes some member's pin will be there and sometimes not.  Neither mine nor PatD's are showing tonight.  Pinenut and Dodgy Loner's pin almost always show up.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WDH

That Dodgy Loner is lucky. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

If the weather is not too bad I will have to feed him tomorrow night.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Chuck White

Can't get "Member Map" to do anything here!

Been trying off and on for a couple of weeks now!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

sprucebunny

Works for me and comes up pretty fast considering my lousy internet service.

Earlier today it was taking a minute of loading per second of a video ::)
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Jeff

I'd guess you guys are using a browser that got some sort of update that is causing problems. All I can figure. I just tried it on Tammy's computer and my lap top and all three worked. All are using firefox.  Its not something fixable by me, only you.

SwampDonkey

I think they are all just buried in snow Jeff. You'll have to send out a pay loader to find them and dig them out. :D

Jeff

I think there is a problem with Internet Explorer. I'd bet the people having issues are all using the same version of explorer

Magicman

I am using Firefox and it is "curious" to me why sometimes some pins are there and sometimes not.   smiley_dizzy

thecfarm

Must be related to a pop up. :D 

Jeff

Quote from: Magicman on January 28, 2014, 07:59:37 AM
I am using Firefox and it is "curious" to me why sometimes some pins are there and sometimes not.   smiley_dizzy

Pins depend on your zoom level. If you are not zoomed in far enough, the pins are dedicated to a group pin. There are too many pins to display on the map unless you zoom in farther. 

Chuck White

I guess I'll have to have my son check this out!

He is an I.T. tech.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

beenthere

Just tried it, (using Google Chrome) and had a blank page too.  But then went to bottom of screen and clicked on "Click here to add or edit "  and was taken to Google Earth. Something about Forestry Forum kml and it saying "Loading myplaces".  Then the big google earth screen came up with members pins showing up.

So it wasn't connected right off, but may have to do with some local settings that I didn't have set up.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Jeff

The kml file is a file created that only members have access to that you can download and save and open in google earth. It works very well in there, and would bypass the need to use the members map.  For those of you that can't seem to use the members map, do the individual maps work on member profile pages?

Brian_Rhoad

I tried Chrome and Explorer and get a blank area for the map when I click on the "Member Map" at the top of the page. When I click on beenthere's and Chuck White's name I get their member profile and map with the location pin. When I click on Jeff's name I get his profile but no map. When I click on "Click here to edit...." it takes me to my profile with the map showing my pin. When I click on the rectangle with Google Earth in it the "Save As" window opens.

Jeff

The save as is to save the kml file to open in google earth.  I think the proplem here is that the information that is now included on the members map simply overwhelms some systems. It is a huge amount of information. I would suggest using google earth and download the file and view it there. It is so much better than using the member's map.

I do have a reason now why some members do not show up on the big map. Because the settings were set for a limit of 1000 members to show on the big map.  I removed the limit, and now it is sluggish even on my machine.