iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Time change ?

Started by bill m, March 14, 2010, 06:27:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill m

The time shown in the message center box at the top of the page is 1 hour off of my time. Is it in a different time zone? I have never noticed it before.
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

Jeff

No, the server is old and doesn't know any better.  I'll fix it, but it may change again when it gets to the old spring forward day, so you'll have to give me a nudge then too probably. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

stonebroke

So Jeff, it shows the correct time for all the different time zones?

Stonebroke

Jeff

You have the ability within your personal settings to adjust the time offset so that it can be what ever. 

I changed  it one time with a simple script that got the time from the members browser and computer, but found that people did not like that. Guys like LeeB as an example that work on the other side of the world likes to have his clock set for the time at home. That was as good a reason as I could ever have so I changed it back for guys like Lee.  :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

LeeB

And I still apreciate that. Sometimes it's just easyer to check the forum and see what time it is at home, expecially at time changes. Ther are time changes just about all the way round the world and none on the same day as ours. Heck, we can't even keep our's on the same day.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.