iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

new from michigan

Started by michiganmilkman, April 12, 2015, 03:02:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SawyerBrown

Welcome, michiganmilkman, from the state where our former governors work so hard, they even make our license plates!  (along with the rest of the inmates)
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

upnut

Welcome michiganmilkman! I'm a troll who lurks here to learn more about a sawmill I don't have yet, and I use upnut as my handle because I'm crazy about the U.P. .........Any questions? Good luck with your sawmill adventure!

Scott B.

I did not fall, there was a GRAVITY SURGE!

Deese

The milkman has entered the building. You know, you've got a lot of explaining to do  :D ;D :snowball:
Just kidding.
Welcome to the Forestry Forum.
2004 LT40 Super 51hp w/6' bed extension
Cooks AE4P Edger
Cat Claw sharpener/Dual Tooth Setter
Kubota svl75-2 skidsteer w/grapple, forks, brushcutter
1977 Log Hog Knuckleboom loader/truck

jmouton

it is  odd  that we do have more from out of state  come to the pig roast,   you would think  with  the michigan members  that are  here ,   they would go  to the pig roast ,  it is alot of fun  ,talkin with good folks about all sorts of things  ,  and of coarse  forestry  stuff,,   wood ,sawmills  etc,,  and even for the couple of years we have gone  ,,  we have met great people  and made  friends  from all over the country   ,, so anyway   thats all   just thought i d throw my  2 cents in

jim
lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

michiganmilkman

I hear ya about being crazy for the U.P.  upnut. I try to get up there once a month I have dome friends near the town of carney on the west side and near rudyard on the east. ive been looking for a farm to buy up there for quite awhile. just kinda hard to find a operating dairy farm or one thats close to being functional.

Finn1903

I certainly miss the UP, my father would be happy if I moved back.  He would be so happy that he probably would sell the snow plow that he has on his ranger and invite me over for coffee every winter morning!  :snowball:
My brother sold me on doing a sawmill road trip to his land to saw white pine for a new camp and sauna.
WM LT40HDD47, bunch of saws, tractor, backhoe, and a loving wife.

valley ranch

Welcome!

This thread sounds like a Michigan conspiracy.

I have an old Michigan up on the hill.

SawyerBrown

I remember our trip through the UP a couple of years ago ...

We kept seeing these signs for pasties.  What are pasties, the Mrs SawyerBrown asks?  Beats me!  Let's stop for lunch and ask!

So, the Mrs, being the fearless soul that she is, saw a bunch of nice older fellows sitting in a booth, and she walks right up, and asks, "Hey, could you tell me what PAY-stees are?"  Well, that brought quite a laugh from the whole crowd, the one gentlemen said something to the effect of, "Well, these are PAY-stees ... " as he swung his upper torso in a whirling motion.  "Pah-sties are ... " and then he proceeded to tell us the whole story of pasties as the vegetable and meat pies that miners used to carry in their lunch. 

We had to have one ... they were delicious! 

Still haven't got the Mrs SawyerBrown to try PAY-stees, however.   ;D
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

Magicman

Yup, I did the same thing at a restaurant at the Soo.  The good part was that I was pointing to the menu.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Finn1903

As we are going from welcoming michiganmilkman to Michigan slang and food I would mention that Cudighi is another good food found almost exclusively in the UP.  My favorite way is mozzarella, onions and mustard.  Likely only found in the central UP at Ralphs and Lawerys Pastie Shop, both right on Highway 41.  Not the most health conscious food, but when your a hard working yooper, you need the calories ;)
WM LT40HDD47, bunch of saws, tractor, backhoe, and a loving wife.

mad murdock

Welcome 3m from da beaver state.  I originated from the frozen part of the land of cheese, lived in da UP for a time,(Iron Mtn/Kingsford) then went to the "great land" (North to Alaska), then ended up out here where the trees touch th sky.  Your procut will do nicely with the 880 providing the heartbeat.  8)
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

Thank You Sponsors!