iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Trouble staying on the forum

Started by LeeB, August 23, 2009, 05:11:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeeB

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later. Any body else been getting this. I been seeing it a lot lately. Ususall have to get out and sign back in.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

SwampDonkey

Also, noticed the gallery was unavailable.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Said:
Coppermine critical error:
Unable to connect to database !

MySQL said: Too many connections
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Can't upload or view the images.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

nas

yes I'm getting that.  Thought it was my puter.
Better to sit in silence and have everyone think me a fool, than to open my mouth and remove all doubt - Napoleon.

Indecision is the key to flexibility.
2002 WM LT40HDG25
stihl 066
Husky 365
1 wife
6 Kids

Jeff

I'm on it.  I've got the gallery shut down for the foreseeable future as I think that is the problem, but don't have a solution yet.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Ron Scott

Yes, been getting that also for a couple days last week.
~Ron

thecfarm

I just thought that the FF is such a popular place the broadband could not keep up.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Radar67

I see the pictures are working again. What did you discover as the problem?
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Jeff

I dont know yet.  I'm still scrambling on it.  It comes and goes. I've rebooted the server a few times and also restarted the database repeatedly to get things running. I'm beginning to think it may be some sort of DOS attack.  Something is overwhelming the mysql server with connections. There is a limit, and when that limit is reached, new connections get an error.  I've ran table repair scripts and such and still not sure what is going on. I've got a call in to a higher power to see if we can get it figured out. I have other options for help yet to if I need it.

I've made no changes in any of the software or any configurations so I don't know what to think as yet, other then a server issue or an outside influence.

Jeff

Still no outside help yet, so I did some table repair and rebooted the server. We'll see.  Its been pretty bad this afternoon, but so far I have not got any errors since the reboot about 20 minutes ago

pineywoods

You don't recon thr BS bucket overflowed ??
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Jeff

Since I rebuilt the data tables this afternoon, I have not had any personal incidents with the connection. I was seeing it every few clicks before that.

Warbird

Are you or the company running the server monitoring any of the network traffic?  If you are logging all network connections/attempts, it should be pretty easy to determine if the server is being DOS'd.

Jeff

I turned on the logging today, I dont always have it running as logs can consume lots of space.  I'm leaning back towards a troublesome db table as it seems things have cleared up.

Warbird

Glad to hear it.  Drop me a PM if you ever need assistance with net logs and whatnot.  I'd be glad to help.

thedeeredude

It happened to me once a couple minutes ago.

Chuck White

Quote from: LeeB on August 23, 2009, 05:11:11 PM
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later. Any body else been getting this.

I've been getting that once in a while!
I usually just click on the "ahead" arrow and go back to where I was, then hit the "back" arrow again and it works for me, but not so often, I have to exit and come back in!

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Larry

Happened to me a few minutes ago and again when I tried to post to this thread.

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Radar67

I've not had any trouble the last two days on multiple systems.
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Fla._Deadheader

Teri, in Fl., and, me down here, are both having trouble with the server busy message.  ::) ::)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Ron Scott

Connection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later

Getting it again here right now.
~Ron