iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

One factor in why equipment is so expensive

Started by barbender, January 10, 2024, 09:43:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SawyerTed

Our experiences have been good with Kubota.  We've got 5 Kubotas on the farm.  My BIL has an MX5700 and I've got an MX5100.  The fellow who leases our farm has 3 tractors and a mini-excavator from Kubota. 

All have been free of major problems.  Dealers have been good but we've not needed them much.
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

sawguy21

That was my experience too. I wouldn't hesitate to get another Kubota product.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

SwampDonkey

My cousin has some Kabota's on the tree farm. He deals with the better dealer after the questionable one came and changed the break in oil and dumped it direct onto the ground.  ::)

He never bought a Kabota SxS though, got a Kioti instead.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

21incher

Quote from: sawguy21 on January 13, 2024, 11:05:43 AM
That was my experience too. I wouldn't hesitate to get another Kubota product.
That's how I felt 4 months ago but now will not touch another Kubota product if they don't come up with a solution  and not excuses.  From what I read the Subaru engine was designed for a different application but Kubota decided to adapt it to the Sidekick.  Then Subaru decided to shut down  the line because  of problems and Kubota bought the tooling at that point to be able to continue building the engine.  There is no debug info available and the mechanic at my dealership said the problems were talked about at a training  session but then just blown off. Dealership thought it is a bad ecu but Kubota said they are all the same so don't waste money swapping parts and return it to the customer. That's  how they all are. You never know how good a company  is until there is a problem with a part they don't want to address.   
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

randy d

We had trouble with a 900XP ranger Polaris did nothing to fixit so now we have a 65 horse John Deere tractor a 35 Horse a 835 John Deere gator 525 John Deere lawn mower and we have not had one problem with any of these machines and we don't have any plans of ever going back to Polaris.

barbender

On the flip side, I know a guy that had a Gator SXS that he couldn't say enough bad things about, he said it was nothing but trouble. He was driving around a new Polaris SXS and smiling ear to ear🤷
Too many irons in the fire

Thank You Sponsors!