iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Need recipes and advice on electric smoker

Started by rbhunter, June 18, 2007, 09:28:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rbhunter

My wife and children suprised me with an electirc smoker for Father's Day. The love it when I smoke chicken and Turkey. Now that I have a bigger smoker I am looking for recipes and advice on the electirc smoker.

This forum seems to have good advice on a lot of different topics, but the top two have to be sawing and food. I decided this had to be one of the best places to start to look for recipes, advice, and also advice on books on smoking food. I really think I could ask just about anything on this forum and get good information. There is a wealth of information here on just about anything.

The smoker is a Masterbuilt elecitric smoke house model 304ss smoker.

Randy
"Said the robin to the sparrow, I wonder why it must be, these anxious human beings rush around and worry so?"
"Said the sparrow to the robin, Friend I think it must be, they have no heavenly father, such as cares for you and me."
author unknown. Used to hang above parents fireplace.

Furby

Raider Bill

I have a cookshack 50 series smoker. A bit pricey but the best smoker on the market as far as I'm concerned.
I don't have the link but google cookshack they have the very best forum for all things BBQ related.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Walnut Beast

Fresh out of the best smoker. A Cookshack ! Smoked it with Osage Orange 

kantuckid

If you plan to use a dry rub, I can post my recipe? The web is full of them too. I make it up ahead and Ziplock bag it.  
I rub, wrap in plastic overnight then cook next day. Rubs bought in stores are really overpriced and easily made from basic ingredients. I use a charcoal cooker now but do still use the chromed rib racks from my Brinkman elec smoker to hold ribs up on edge.

I was always a fan of Applebee's rib tips. I now buy them at Walmart on markdown days and freeze until I have 4 pkgs. Cooked all same day, then frozen ready for later meals. I also watch for pork shoulder or sirloins on markdown and cook for pulled pork. The tips have far more meat for your buck than any other boney rib. No more baby backs or big bone ribs and knawing on mostly a bone with very little meat!  
Pork stores much long after it's cooked.
Markdown whole chickens in a bag is another meat I watch for.  

Kan=Kansas;tuck=Kentucky;kid=what I'm not

Thank You Sponsors!