iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Where's Waldo

Started by JDowns71, September 30, 2021, 05:52:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDowns71

Not the best picture but thats kind of the point with a Where is Waldo photo.   :D

Not what I expected to come across on my afternoon walk around the property with the pup, a 2 year old silver lab.  Normally he'll run around and be a typically puppy running through the woods but always stay within eyesight.   When something else is out there though he stays close and squares up his shoulders and takes on a two step trot near me, which is funny when it's just a grouse or a squirrel.  Wasn't until he growled that she moved slightly that I noticed she was even there.

Ljohnsaw

I found a bear, a snake, a telephone a cane - wait, this isn't a Highlight's picture search?  But, seriously, I don't see anything.  Can you give a hint - what are we looking for?  A fawn?
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

JDowns71

Quote from: ljohnsaw on September 30, 2021, 06:07:16 PM
I found a bear, a snake, a telephone a cane - wait, this isn't a Highlight's picture search?  But, seriously, I don't see anything.  Can you give a hint - what are we looking for?  A fawn?
She is a female that is solitary and I'm happy she didn't have a baby with her.

Dan_Shade

I found a witch, a goblin, and a lamb.

There may be a deer in there too.... 
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

JDowns71

Ljohnsaw

OK, I saw that and thought I saw Tony the Tiger making a weird face.  But still can't quite make out the full shape.  Very well camouflaged!
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

JDowns71

Quote from: ljohnsaw on September 30, 2021, 08:51:25 PM
OK, I saw that and thought I saw Tony the Tiger making a weird face.  But still can't quite make out the full shape.  Very well camouflaged!
Its a moose (cow).   I was shocked that she just stood there.  All the deer or elk dart off so fast that getting your phone out of your pocket fast enough is impossible.  Only thing I can figure was that we came up on her downwind in a little valley.  She's on the crest of a hill about 25 yards away about 20 feet up.  Was hard to get a good photo and I wasn't inclined to push my luck in case she had a baby nearby. 
Her face is directly facing the camera.  You can just make out the ears and the nose.  Coming across deer is a daily occurrence, pup just shrugs it off.  Elk around here are very skittish and I usually only catch a glance as they barrel through the brush like a freight train.  Was not expecting to walk right up on her, thats for sure.  I've seen them before in Alaska, they truly are spectacular to see in person, and I had forgotten just how big they are.

Thank You Sponsors!