iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Member map

Started by iffy, October 11, 2021, 02:16:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iffy

I haven't been on the forum for some time but finally got back on to search for a sawmill in the Kansas City area for a friend to get a live edge mantle. Looked for the member map but couldn't find it. Is it no more? Thx.

gspren

I don't think it exists any longer. Since you "want" something maybe you could post under "Wanted", there is a place for that.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Tom the Sawyer

If my memory serves me, I think the Member Map was a casualty of one of the server upgrades or changeovers that Jeff needed to do to keep up with the Forum's traffic volume.  I think he considered a couple of options but none were satisfactory.  I am in the Kansas City metro at the west edge of Johnson County.
07 TK B-20, Custom log arch, 20' trailer w/log loading arch, F350 flatbed dually dump.  Piggy-back forklift.  LS tractor w/FEL, Bobcat S250 w/grapple, Stihl 025C 16", Husky 372XP 24/30" bars, Grizzly 20" planer, Nyle L200M DH kiln.
If you call and my wife says, "He's sawin logs", I ain't snoring.

Ianab

Jeff might remember better, but I think we outgrew the original map software (too many members) , and experimented with a Google Map alternative. But that was going to cost big $$ as a commercial Google service. There is a lot of compute power involved in those map overlays, Google has it, and will rent it to you for your web page, for a price$$. 
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Thank You Sponsors!