iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A completed frame

Started by ckprivette, December 14, 2021, 05:42:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ckprivette

Got 'er done, y'all. Thanks to a Jim Rogers-led workshop my goats now have their very own timber frame barn. A big Thank you to Jim and all the guys who helped build and raise the frame.
(I tried to add pictures; couldn't figure it out.)
chris
N. Wilkesboro
The Lord is my shepherd.

doc henderson

congratulations Chris, although without pictures, it did not really happen.   :)

there are tutorials here on the forum.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Jim_Rogers

Email the pictures to me and I'll post them.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Jim_Rogers

I got some pictures from Chris and Dan of the raising event weekend.
On Friday, we did some fit up of the walls, and plates to ensure that they would go together when up in the air:

Dan the retired fireman taking a selfie while we worked on the plate fitting up a brace. Thanks Dan.
Saturday, was a very misty day, until it rained hard on us, from the storms that did all the damage in KY.

Three of the five bents up:

All five bents up and the rear plate is on.

Chuck and Dan were the second story crew, and they did a great job setting the plates. Here Chuck is aligning the plate to the post tenon.

Setting the last section of the front plate while it was raining hard:

Here are the pictures of the finished frame after Chris, with his father and brother's help setting the rafters:

They did a great job. Now the roof can go on.
Jim Rogers  
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

mudfarmer

Wow! Those are some spoiled goats 8) Very very nice

flyingparks

Thank You Sponsors!