iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

So Where is _ _ _ _ _ _?

Started by Jeff, May 18, 2014, 01:06:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shelbycharger400

Yep yep.   Still thinkin bout all yall.   Update..got a motor for my bel saw 188case combine motor.  Frothin at the mouth tryin to figure out settin up a frame now .  Seems wood sales are slooooow . 

scgargoyle

I've been missing for a few months, too, but I doubt anyone noticed. I had to cut back on my internet usage because I'm still stuck with a 5Gb air card, and it's expensive to go over the limit. I was all set to go DSL, but they won't give it to me, as the usage in my area is too heavy. It would be nice if service providers would at least come up to the 20th century!

Otherwise, I'm still building my house here in SC. Outside is finally done, sold the house in FL, and am working my way through the interior stuff. My 'forest' is taking care of itself, for the most part.
I hope my ship comes in before the dock rots!

Chuck White

Good to see you're back on the Forum.

Too bad about the internet service in your area.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

beenthere

Good to hear from you, and hope the DSL mess works out for you.......  soon!
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Magicman

It's good to see you back and hopefully you can get your internet service back.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SwampDonkey

Welcome back. Glad your still kicking some cans. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

We had a plan like that. But we found out about a small company that has high speed,with a unlimited plan. Still no cable.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

twobears

THANKS CHUCK> no I don,t drive bus anymore..i,ll just say that my health wasn,t the best and being there made it worse.two days after I quit I felt soooooooooooooooooooooo much better.i was great for awhile then I got sick again.back in march I wokeup unable to breath..i spent 5 days in the hospital with a bloodclot in my lungs.i had just finished tapping my maple trees when I got sick..i came home with orders for complete bedrest..ya,two days of rest then 13 days of nonstop work in the sugarbush then four days off because it got really cold.then we worked in the bush for 20 some days nonstop.one nite we made 56 gallons of finished syrup.i got done with sugaring and sawed all summer.in oct I got a nice order and worked on that till November.on nov 19th back to the ER I went..not taking care of myself caught up with me and I spent another five days in the hospital..but in a way it was a good thing because I feel much better then I have in a very long time.now I just need to figure out a way to keep my bills payed till end of march and things will be good..knock on wood!!! I planned on finishing that lumber order then skidding a bunch of firewood trees out to keep me busy until sugaring started but I couldn,t do what I needed because of being in the hospital.i did get some skidded out but only 16/18 cords.i only have a two wheel drive tractor and can,t get in the woods now..so I guess I need to find a job to keep my bills payed for now..

Sprucegum

I tried to leave  ::) but you'all are just too dang interesting  ;)

Sold the woodlot; lock stock and barrel. That means the mill, the cabin, two holiday trailers, the tractors, bush buggy, truck, and all the tools except one little chainsaw which I gave to my son. I had to borrow it back before a month was out but that's beside the point.

I cleared enough to buy a new motorhome so now I can tour around and check out everyone else's woodlot  8)

dtody

There is an Aesop fable about a gnat and a bull. It talks about the gnat telling the bull that he is leaving now and the bull says, "I didn't notice when you arrived and certainly won't notice or care when you leave." 

I just got your birthday greeting yesterday and wanted the thank the "automated generation team" for it.  Been out with a few med problems, got a new heart,  and now have to live with the rest of the world's problems. 

But we did get a new Hud-son 33 Pro sawmill last August, so I'm still in the club.  Probably got 10,000 bd ft in logs to go this spring and twenty other projects that need finishing. 

Take care guys and gals,

dtody

samandothers

SCGargoyle
Do you have a thread on your build?  I hope to build a home or at least finish most of the interior myself and would like to see info on your build for planning purposes as well as ideas!

jargo432

I'm back.  It's that time of year again for me.  This year is gonna be great.  I've got a better saw and am set up much better than last year.
Jack of all trades.

slowzuki

I have been missing a long time, I think last very active 10 years ago.  I got married, built a shop with the mill, built up a farm that does about 10 k small square bales a year, had a little boy who is almost 4 and been working away at my day job.  Thinks quite busy as my wife got an undergrad degree and masters in that time too.

I stop back in once in a while but haven't been very active.  My poor mill has been parked for years now although I did get it set on a trailer last fall and hope to fire it up again soon as I need two pole barns built.

Paul_H

Good to see you are doing well, slowzuki.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Rocky_Ranger

Haven't been around for a few months neither; can't seem to hold a job ( :D) and have now moved to Region 2, USFS as Director of Strategic Planning.  Moving is rough at any age and me and mamma are getting too old for that kind of crap.  Living in Evergreen CO and working in Lakewood (west Denver).  I have found my desk so maybe will have some time to at least read some posts from this Outfit.....  I figure this is the best forum on the Web for our kind (and like kind) of folks. ;D
RETIRED!

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

beenthere

Wondered just the other day where you were hanging out lately. Hadn't heard, but was hoping all ok.

Doing the same job in CO, or get one of those higher up responsibilities?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Rocky_Ranger

Different job, same pay - maybe a little bit more.  Only been here three weeks so still figuring it all out.  Love the house and area, seen two big bucks locking horns this morning right off the deck.  Four bucks and about 10 does in the group - they seem to come through every other day (but they were here yesterday too..  Had about 50 elk just down the road, still in the neighborhood too this morning; had about 3" of snow overnight so they seem to be pretty active today.  Got one doe with floppy ears, dangdest thing I ever seen.  Looks like a cross between a mule deer and a goat.  I have some pictures of it so will try and post soon.
RETIRED!

mesquite buckeye

Don't tell poston or he'll be right over. ;D
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Ron Scott

Rocky, that's a great USFS work location. Are you a downhill skier?? ;)
~Ron

timberfaller390

Howdy y'all. I have been disappeared for quite a while now. I am glad to see a lot of the same group of folks are still around. I haven't done a lot in the woods or at the mill in a couple of years. I dug the mill out of the  mothballs the other day when someone asked me to saw a bunch of board and batten siding. Once a few folks found out the mill was running again, I started getting calls for lumber. I am looking forward to participating in the forum again. This has always been such a great place and a great bunch of folks.
L.M. Reese Co. Land Management Contractors
Stihl MS390
John Deere 50G excavator
John Deere 5103
John Deere 440 ICD dozer

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

It's nice to see you back into sawdust again.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

zopi

Well...been gone awhile, I forget when it was I dropped off here, but it has been awhile. I retired from the Navy in 2011, wound up 60 percent disabled, started a tree service, developed bad tendonitis and could not run a chainsaw for more than a few minutes, much less climb...shut the business down and went broke for awhile, got a job in a shipyard, and have not touched the sawmill for a year or two. (that is the part that sucks.)
Couple years ago, my family got involved with a local equine program, and I dicovered a talent for training horses, so now my big pastime is taking care of horses, and teaching young kids and adults to ride and train wild horses.
We have a little bluegrass band that is part of the program, so in January I started picking banjo..I wind up on stage a couple times a month now..
And that is where it reboots a little..been missing the mill, and dropping trees anyhow....

I nagged my wife to start playing mandolin for the band..she took to it like a duck to water...few weeks later, "Honey, would you build me a steam box?"
Umm..what for?
"I want to build a mandolin."
ooooook...
That led to ordering a bunch of books on how to not ever get around to building an instrument.

soo..I am about halfway done with a banjo built with wood sawed from hurricane Irene...
yesterday I was aked by two different people within an hour to make them instruments...

Fired up the chainsaw last week and dropped a pine in the front yard...

Was eyeballing the mill yesterday...

I see WM has made some interesting new log dogs for the lt-15...I might have to have a set...
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Thank You Sponsors!