iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

it's just been one of those days.

Started by Quartlow, July 30, 2004, 02:19:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quartlow

My brother asked me to saw him some 10 x 10 timbers for a his barn repair. No problem. Start of with a dead battery in the bull dozer yesterday. Discovered in the end it had a shorted plate in it so I put a new battery in it. Rolled down to the fuel tank to discover its empty, seems the cousin filled the tractors up the other day and finished it off and they aren't delivering till monday,  >:(

Oh well load up the dozer stop at the station fill it up over to brothers  house help him cut 20 hemlock's down. drag them out of the woods push the stumps out, chip the brush. load up the dozer and come home. 2 flats on the way home. ::) ::)

Fortunatly the last one was 1/4 mile from the house and I just drug it

Brother shows up around 9AM with the logs. Never mind thatr I told him I'm going out of town tonight. But oh well he does lots for me. We unloaded him picked out 18 logs about16 inches in diameter set the first one up on the mill and the darn mill won't start, you guessed it dead battery, so I stole the new one out of the dozer . ok now it cranks but won't fire. ah hah! it's not getting fuel!! piece of trash somehow got by the filter and stuck in the diaphram, Cleaned it out, changed the filter and off and running!

Now I'm usually pretty careful about where logs come from, we all know fence row trees and yard trees are bound to have iron in them and a 20 some odd dollars a pop for blades the metal detector has all ready paid for itself. well the metal detector had, you guessed it dead batteries!! But I figured hey these came out of my brothers woods, he's owned the property 40 years, and he would have whipped anyone severly for driving a nail into a tree. So I figure I'm safe NOT!!! Of all the things to find I hit a concrete nail on the first cut and wiped out a bradn new blade, rolled the teeth right over I did.

Lesson learned
Always check logs no matter WHERE they come from.
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

Gilman

Tramp in the trees wouldn't bother me so much if the people who put it there posted a story of when and why they put the tramp in the tree.

As far as hitting a concrete nail, at least you hit the hardest nail manufactured, not one of those wimpy soft iron spikes. :D
WM LT70, WM 40 Super, WM  '89 40HD
Cat throwing champion 1996, 1997, 1999. (retired)

dail_h

Sounds likr just a normal day to me,I like it when nothing out of the ordinary happens :D :D
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

Frank_Pender

How about the batteries in your pace maker?   Have you checked it lately?   ;D I would suggest that you have a spare before you are gone for the weekend.
Frank Pender

Cedarman

When I get one of those days, I never call any customers, do not start any more equipment, just get a tall cool one and let the day pass, cause tomorrow has got to be a lot better.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Thank You Sponsors!