iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Time to close the business

Started by Qweaver, July 31, 2016, 11:06:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qweaver

Well...I reached that place where it's time to scale it back.  So I'm closing the business and starting to act my age.  The body will just not take it anymore.  I have several customers requesting jobs that need to be handed off to some one else.  I have a local friend that may be able to do them using my machines but he is very busy with his own business so that may not work out.  I looked at the forum  members list and there is none really close to me.  One of the jobs will include locating poplar logs for the job and then transporting the lumber to Bridgeport, WV.  I have the trees but they would have to be felled and transported.  Cheap for me because the trees are at my sawing site.  I also have to pay my aunt for the trees.  Any takers?

I'm quitting commercial sawing but I'll keep the saw mills and still do personal and family work as I feel like it.  So the Peterson is off of the for sale list.  My friend may want to take over but I doubt it.
Quinton
So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

WV Sawmiller

Quinton,

Sorry to hear you are hanging it up but hope it works out for the best and you can enjoy yourself. I have sent a couple of guys to your site because you were much closer than me. If you have a friend who takes over close by let me know and I will continue to pass the word in the future. You'd think as many sawmills as we have in this state people would find one close to home instead of calling from the opposite end of the state.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

coxy

sorry to hear also  time to enjoy a little slower pace you earned it

thecfarm

I am so looking forward to just working around here. I hope to be doing it at 62½.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Chuck White

Well you've reached another milestone, Quinton.  ;)

Congratulations!  :)

Now it's time to "take time off" and enjoy life beyond the sawmill.   8)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Thank You Sponsors!