iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

more lt 15 mods

Started by alanh, August 21, 2018, 03:56:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanh

Didn`t want to hijack the thread that was the inspiration for this project so I`ll start a new one, getting started on adding a hydraulic turner/clamp to the LT 15, it already has power feed and a trailer made under it, my back has been telling me it needs more and I have a son who`s pretty handy in the fabrication area so here goes, we have a spot on the valve and a spare set of pallet forks to add a log loader also. Any advice is welcome 

Crusarius

I don't think you need 2 rams on the turner. Maybe on the loader, but not the turner. Looks good so far.

Lawg Dawg

You will enjoy that!   smiley_bouncing
2018  LT 40 Wide 999cc, 2019 t595 Bobcat track loader,
John Deere 4000, 2016 F150, Husky 268, 394xp, Shindiawa 591, 2 Railroad jacks, and a comealong. Woodmaster Planer, and a Skilsaw, bunch of Phillips head screwdrivers, and a pair of pliers!

100,000 bf club member
Pro Sawyer Network

pineywoods

Quote from: Crusarius on August 21, 2018, 04:00:59 PM
I don't think you need 2 rams on the turner. Maybe on the loader, but not the turner. Looks good so far.
Looks very familiar to me. The reason for 2 rams is a physical room problem. Not enough room for a 3 inch ram, double  2 inch about the same price as a single 3 inch. 
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Crusarius

That would make sense. Didn't think of the room constraints.

alanh

Yup, thats what we came up with, not enough room..., anybody have an idea on where we should start with loader arm rams, we`re using a set of forklift forks for arms so 90 degrees instead of curved

charles mann

build a hinge point on the outside of the mill's horizontal main beam. weld a bar, say a 4" or 6" I-beam between the 2 forks and attach a ram or 2 from the under side, if there is clearance below, that will push against the welded in cross bar. the bottom of the on the forks. similar set up as the curved units, but it might require a bit reinforcement around the main bean, maybe some tie bars going to the other beam so it doesn't try to twist just the 1 beam. i can see it in my head, but explaining it on paper isn't my strong suit.
Temple, Tx
Fire Fighting and Heavy Lift Helicopter Mech
Helicopter and Fixed Wing Pilot

Thank You Sponsors!