iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Woohoo!!! Got the call! Now took delivery.

Started by DocGP, November 09, 2020, 05:36:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocGP

Just got the call that my LT35 came in!  She said I could come tomorrow but alas, I promised my daughter we would come visit her in Houston.....drat!

Oh well, next Tuesday is training and adoption day.  Will take and post some pictures.

Thanks so much to everyone who has put up with my rookie questions.  I am sure there will be many more to come.  BUT, I am up to page 100 scanning the old posts on the website.  Figure I will slowly keep going through the old posts.  Only 450 pages to go.

Doc
Ole Country Vet
LT 50 HDD
MX 5100 for the grunt work
Stihl MS 261 C-M

WV Sawmiller

Congrats on your new mill. The training I got was pretty good but the problem was I did not know what questions to ask or what were the critical points to remember. Fortunately the WM team is real good and patient and have been super at answering y questions and helping me troubleshoot any problems I encountered. Say hi to your daughter for all of us. ;D
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

SawyerTed

Congratulations!  The addiction has come to full fruition!  I hope the LT 35 is as much fun as mine has been.  It will be the best hard work you will ever do!
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Nebraska

Just remember  it sure makes that cell phone harder to hear! ;)

DocGP

Picked her up today!!  Sure is purdy!!

Ole Country Vet
LT 50 HDD
Stihl MS 261 C-M

Southside

Looks like a very nice set up!!  Congrats. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Nebraska

Pretty cool there Doc. Now get a scratch on it and get it broke in. 8)

barbender

Looks great! Now go saw into a back stop and get it over with😁
Too many irons in the fire

DocGP

I hope this doesn't violate forum rules, but a big thumbs up to the Kirbyville Woodmizer dealer.  They have been great!  Very good training, very pleasant to deal with through the whole transaction!

Doc
Ole Country Vet
LT 50 HDD
Stihl MS 261 C-M

GAB

Quote from: Nebraska on November 17, 2020, 10:01:42 PM
Pretty cool there Doc. Now get a scratch on it and get it broke in. 8)
If he drops the log loader prior to removing the fender he will bend it in.
GAB
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

WV Sawmiller

He still has to "customize" those rollers on the side supports and the tips of the claw look a little long. All those things can be fixed if you have enough of an audience. Congrats.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Southside

The camber on the left side wheel looks too be way too vertical, probably should try and get it adjusted before taking the mill anywhere portable.  Best method is to drop a really big log off that side and wedge it between the wheel and the mill frame.   :D
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

WV Sawmiller

You might also mount a US Flag on the front near the hitch so the first time you are setting up on some steep terrain and run the head back too far without dropping the rear landing gear. Once you do that your flag will look like the Marines (And the Navy Corpsman) raising the flag at Iwo Jima. I promise you your flag will be flying high and proud. (Don't ask me how I found out about this option ::) but the technique is probably not listed in your owner's manual and may not have been included in your initial training.) :D
Howard Green

Southside

Engage the clutch without first tensioning the band. That one is always good for a laugh! 
JD Processor
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

Durf700

very nice mill!!!  diesel!    the first thing I did when using my new LT 35 was accidentally went to lower the mill head down a touch and was on the pre set drops vs manual mode on the accuset.   be sure not to be over the cant or log when doing this as the head will go down the amount of the pre set amount you have programmed...  scares the hell out of you as you panic and try to get it to stop bending the blade up!!! :)

it will get your heart going!

you will love this mill..

Southside

You mean the band wasn't spinning when you did that?  You missed out on the real fun!!  SCREECH, EEEKKK, BOOM!!!..... Sparks!!!   :D
JD Processor
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

SawyerTed

Just know you will hit metal with a sharp blade.  The odds increase with the number of onlookers.

Sawing into the front backstop in front of your friend, neighbor, his father and four of his cronies will put the humble back in you quick!  

I did it yesterday and I've got at least a few board feet of experience!  All you can do is laugh and say "a weld bead and orange paint and you'll never know it!"  😂 lol lol
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

DocGP

Wow,  the positive vibes are great!!😂😂  love this group!!

Doc
Ole Country Vet
LT 50 HDD
Stihl MS 261 C-M

Wudman

I've seen the top of a clamp polished in the last week as well.   ;D

Wudman
"You may tear down statues and burn buildings but you can't kill the spirit of patriots and when they've had enough this madness will end."
Charlie Daniels
July 4, 2020 (2 days before his death)

terrifictimbersllc

Drive off without raising at least one support leg.  And change out that WWF to water and let the whole lubemizer system freeze up on you.  8)
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Southside

Quote from: Wudman on November 19, 2020, 08:27:54 AM
I've seen the top of a clamp polished in the last week as well.   ;D

Wudman
Yea, but since the band kept on cutting I recorded that as a "gentle tip sharpening" of the band.  :D
JD Processor
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

GAB

Quote from: WV Sawmiller on November 18, 2020, 06:32:25 PM
  You might also mount a US Flag on the front near the hitch so the first time you are setting up on some steep terrain and run the head back too far without dropping the rear landing gear. Once you do that your flag will look like the Marines (And the Navy Corpsman) raising the flag at Iwo Jima. I promise you your flag will be flying high and proud. (Don't ask me how I found out about this option ::) but the technique is probably not listed in your owner's manual and may not have been included in your initial training.) :D
My GUESS is that who ever wrote the manual had never set up a mill.  
The set-up procedure needs to start with:
Warning drop the farthest back support leg prior to starting the engine.
I did exactly what WVSawmiller speaks of the first time I tried to set the mill up.
Only thing is I did not mount a flag first.
DocGP consider your self warned.
GAB
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

terrifictimbersllc

Quote from: Southside on November 19, 2020, 09:40:29 AM
Quote from: Wudman on November 19, 2020, 08:27:54 AM
I've seen the top of a clamp polished in the last week as well.   ;D

Wudman
Yea, but since the band kept on cutting I recorded that as a "gentle tip sharpening" of the band.  :D
I wonder if one could do controlled set removal by lowering the band on top of the clamp and then raising it up underneath it.  Very gently of course.  :P
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Thank You Sponsors!