iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Terror Attacks in France

Started by Ga Mtn Man, November 13, 2015, 06:28:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ga Mtn Man

My thoughts and prayers go out to the people of France.  As always, we stand with you in this dark time. 
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

2StateTrigger

Ditto what you said.....This type of stuff really gets to me......
Molon Labe

Jhenderson

Paris has a history of this. I can't help but think you can expect more of he same as long as the city has entire neighborhoods where the police aren't even allowed to enter. Sharia law rules in these areas not the French Govt.

thecfarm

It's sad to hear of things like this.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

billporterfield

Would Conceal/carry may help?
God bless

sawguy21

I feel sick like I did on 9/11. It could just as easily been New York City again, London or East Podunk PA. The  have the greatest weapon, fear, in their arsenal.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

LeeB

Anger can easily outweigh fear. When is enough enough?
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Cedarman

The French have our prayers.  As much as many bad mouth the French, they helped make us a country and have been a friend.  I am sure our country will give whatever support is needed.
Over the next few days there will lots of talking heads telling us why it happened and what we should do about it and what we should have done.
Maybe this is a turning point.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

fishpharmer

My prayers go out to France for this heinous, cowardly attack. 
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

OntarioAl

My  heart and prayers go out to the families of those killed and injured in these  cowardly heinous attacks.
The very intelligent and wickedly evil people who plan and carry out these attacks will always chose soft targets (read gun free), they will not chance any formal introductions to Mr. Smith and Mr. Wesson it would just ruin their day.
Me bad corrected spelling of Mr Wesson
Al.
Al Raman

Jeff

I fear for all of Europe. Personally, I think that huge influx of refugees was not that, but actually cover for an invasion.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Woodhauler

Quote from: Jeff on November 14, 2015, 10:15:14 AM
I fear for all of Europe. Personally, I think that huge influx of refugees was not that, but actually cover for an invasion.
And what about here???? Our open border policy isn't going to help us much! France needs to strike back soon! They will not stop till someone stops them. Thinking about the people that was killed and injured by these cowards!  >:(
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

Gary_C

There are reportedly some 5 million Muslims in France and in the Muslim enclaves around Paris, the authorities dare not go because of the hate filled residents.

The primarily reason for the anger is reportedly to be because of no jobs or meaningful work. Large scale immigration is not a solution.  ::)
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

LeeB

It's certainly not a solution when you have immigrants that do not want to blend in and become a part of the country they have come to but only want to take it down to the level they left behind.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

snowstorm

i was in paris for 4 days 18 yrs ago. coming from the back woods on maine it was different. my bil was in the air force in holland so we had a pretty good tour guide. one morning in the subway we saw a dozen special police on terrorist patrol with full auto weapons finger on the trigger. the world cup of shocker was starting in a few days and they were on the lookout. there were people from all over the world living there and most seemed to get along. none were real friendly to americans . while waiting to but tickets to go up the evil tower a little girl [ maybe ten yrs old] came up to me with a plastic cup begging for money. i gave her a couple bucks in quarters. she threw it on the ground. she only wanted french franks. its a huge city really huge. in the luve they did have a nice display about ww11 thanking the help the us gave them. and i did get to see and take picture of mona lisa 

Jhenderson

At this point I honestly believe the French have more of a stomach for what needs to be done than the Unitd States does.

starmac

Europe and soon to be the U>S. is being overrun by refugees. From all the info I have read, these refugees are 70% percent or better young males. I ask you how is it that fighting age males are running from a country so bad they fear for their lives, but they leave their wives,mothers,kids and the family dog behind.  Refugees, is not what I would be calling these folks, but I guess it sounds better for the masses.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

WV Sawmiller

Lee,
Quote from: LeeB on November 14, 2015, 11:26:43 AM
It's certainly not a solution when you have immigrants that do not want to blend in and become a part of the country they have come to but only want to take it down to the level they left behind.

I think you hit the nail right on the head.

I'm in favor of a mandatory carry policy for all adults except convicted criminals and mental/psychiatric cases.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

sawguy21

Quote from: billporterfield on November 13, 2015, 08:11:40 PM
Would Conceal/carry may help?
God bless
Can you imagine the carnage in that theater if everyone started firing back? ::) That would serve the terrorists purpose admirably, dying, taking as many non believers as possible with them and becoming a martyr for their cause is the ultimate goal.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Gary_C

There will be no easy solutions to this problem, especially while Syria is in turmoil and the refugee problem continues.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

LeeB

It goes a lot deeper than just Syria.

SwampDonkey

Our new prime minister is welcoming 25,000 in December. And they are beginning their stay at army bases like here in Gagetown. I honestly don't know where they will work, there isn't any, and if you can't speak the two official languages your beat before the game starts. We have enough trouble here over language to get a job.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Roxie

I'm going to ask everyone to use this thread to express our compassion and support for those in France.  Please, let's leave immigration and gun control, and other political theories out of the comments. 

Thank you for understanding there are other places for political discussion, this isn't one of them. 
Say when

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jhenderson

We can say we're sorry all we want. It won't help or change a thing. Talk is worthless without corresponding action.

Thank You Sponsors!