iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Patty's Jeep

Started by Norm, March 21, 2004, 11:11:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patty

No update on the Jeep, Red. Sorry  :-/  It is still just sittin' there. I did get an A on my Astronomy test, though! Got part of my garden planted, and all the corn is in on the farm. Too early for beans.
Ok, so it is not the same, I know. I really have no excuses. Just kinda hoping one of my sons would come home and fix it for me.  :(   That ain't gonna happen anytime soon though, seemin' since one is in Davenport and the other is down in Georgia at the FLETC for more training. So I've been putting it off. School gets over in 12 days, then I get to go to Germany after that, and then Becky's baby is due the 1st of June. I'll get to the Jeep very soon, I promise. Gosh, now you got me feeling all guilty again, Red.  ::)
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

etat

I'm a thinking maybe CFI oughta expand into the insurance business.  What with Patty flying through the stars without brakes and Fla. fixing to torch up a giant propane tank, and DanG, fixing up a horse barbacue contrapction, And the possibility of Furby getting plucked  by a horse, and Swead getting a BIGGER motor, and Lord knows what Shop Teacher may cook up next,  I think there may be a real need for additional insurance for some of the Forum Members!!!
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Furby

I was meaning to ask you about that.  ::)
Oh and what about health care?  ;)

etat

Furby, considering that the' CFI International Convention and Parade' is still a ways off and you probably won't need the chicken suit until then would you be interested in also taking over the insurance division of CFI in your spare time.  Your job would mostly consist of writing policies and collecting dues.  You can refer any claims to our health care division and I will personally issue  all the health care advice anyone can possibly need! :)
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Furby

Hmmm..............................collecting dues? You mean like $$$$$$$$$$$$?  :o
I'm good at collecting money!  ;D
No problem boss!

Is this the right thread, I guess I'm just mixed up!  ;)

Patty

Sorry to rehash old news, but I knew Red was just itchin for an update.  ;D
We've been driving jeep around the farm some, now that it is running real good and all. No the brakes aren't fixed, but there is still the hand brake.  ::)
It still dies when it gets warmed up (it makes it as far as the end of the corn field, which is about a mile); so this weekend I hope to replace the coil and the coil wire. Anyone care to go buy one with me?!  ;D I figure it'll take the better part of a day. This time I'm gonna take the old coil with me, maybe that'll save a few hours.
Now be patient, as this project may take a few days...maybe even a week or more. I don't do much during the week after the day job except the chores, and by then I can here the Budweiser calling my name pretty loudly.  ;)      So this is destined to be a weekend job. I'll let you know how it goes, or if I need helpful hints on the installation.
Women are Angels.
on a broomstick.....

redpowerd

WHOO-HOOO! :o found it ;D

theres wind this jeep might be goin down the road :'(
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

duke401

i didnt realize there were so many jeepers on this forem, i have been driven jeeps since i was 8.
  the 401 stands for the 401 in my 75 cj5. what a engine it is warmed up a little[maybe a lot].
 shes been to the rockeys a few times an chased a few coyotes. i use it almost like a 4 wheeler,it is part of the farm
  patty if you need eny info. i would be glad to help.
  duke

Patty

Yep, the Jeep is for sale. He needs a better home than I can give. I am not a mechanic, and my feeble attempts to be one are pathetic.  ::)
 I prefer to work with wood, I have discovered, and hope to use the money from the Jeep to put into a shop.
Women are Angels.
on a broomstick.....

Patty

I am bringing this thread back up for an update.  ;D     Reading it sure brought back lots of fond memories and fun. I did not sell the old Willy afterall. I found the old mechanic that used to work on it when it served as the local firetruck. The guy towed it off two years ago and called this week and said old Willy was ready to go home.  8)    This afternoon I am going over to pick him up annd DRIVE him home, with brakes and everything !  The mechanic ended up pulling out the motor and rebuilding it, replaced the batteries, and all sorts of stuff too lengthy to mention.

Happy days are here again!  8) 
Women are Angels.
on a broomstick.....

Stump Jumper

8) bring it up to the sand dunes  :D im glad you got it going  :)
Jeff
May God Bless.
WM LT 40 SuperHDD42 HP Kubota walk & ride, WM Edger, JD Skidsteer 250, Farmi winch, Bri-Mar Dump Box Trailer, Black Powder

Furby

I'll second that last post!
Bring him on up!!! 8)

Patty

Well Willy didn't make it home.  :-\      We got about a mile down the road, and he siezed up and died....right there 9in the middle of the highway.  ::)   Brett, my son, and I tried to push it off the road a little since we were just at the crest of a hill, but everything was locked up and we could not budge it.  Norm called about that time to see how things were going, and when I mentioned I was a bit busy trying to push the jeep off the highway, he called the old guys that worked on it, and out they both came madder then two wet hens. Of course they each blamed eachother, and were standing there in the middle of the highway arguing while Brett and I were just trying to keep from getting killed by all the traffic going by gawking at the four of us, and four vehicles parked in the road.  ::)  I finally butted in and mentioned that they could continue to argue back at the shop, but MAYBE we should get this yellow jeep, that they just charged me WAY too much to fix,  off the highway! Well that didn't set well. I thought one was going to stroke out as he got all red in the face huffing and puffing; and the other started having an asthma attack and actually had to throw down his cig!

Anyway we towed it back to town, and Brett & I left the two old geezers to duke it out over who had not done their job right. ::)     I am still jeepless.  :-\
Women are Angels.
on a broomstick.....

Larry

Quote from: Patty on October 06, 2006, 06:21:51 PM
I am still jeepless.  :-\

Is that a word? :D  I'm sure they will have it running like a well oiled Swiss watch in just a few days.

Iffen ya get tired of Jeeps...nephew has a really nice Toyota Landcrusier.  He has more money in it than a new one...and it don't run either.  He might entertain a offer for it. :D
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

beenthere

Sorry to hear that Patty. Just 'cause knew you were real excited about getting Willy back again.  :(
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Mooseherder

I hope their hussin'and fussin' didn't include words like who was supposed to put the oil back in.

limbrat

CAUTION : YOU ARE IN DANGER OF BREAKING JEEP LAW.
If a classic jeep is thought to be dead it most be buried or sold to someone else with the jeep addiction. IT MUST NEVER GO TO A SALVAGE YARD. Its very sad to walk up on a classic jeep that has been cut up with a torch for a few parts.
ben

limbrat

ok so i havent mastered posting  But please please please let it live! dont send it to the slaughter house. There are enough sources for new after market parts that chopping up a classic jeep can not be justified.

sorry im better now    did i mention that i love my 82 cj8
ben

sawguy21

:D :D :D :D :D This thread is a hoot. My first 4x4 was a Wagoneer that burnt more oil than gas. Embarassed a few hot doggers with it.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Norm

Well I see Patty dredged this thread back up. When she got back a bit frustrated her comment was she should just sell the darn thing. I told her no way....I believe my comment was I was gonna bury her in it before I'd allow it to be sold. By the look on her face I think she thought that was going to be sooner than later. :D

For those that have not seen this thread before and would like to know what it's like to shop with her go back in the thread and read her adventure buying a battery.  ;)

scsmith42

Norm, I got a good chuckle from the "battery" string - thx!  (especially since I worked my way through high school by working in an auto parts house).  I also laughed out loud over the "cooking / mechanicing role reversal" comments!  Did you daughter-in-law ever adjust to the dyslexic christmas lists???

Reading this thread makes me want to spend a few weeks in Iowa helping Patty fix up her jeep.  I'm not sure how I'd explain that to Dr. Laureen though...

That's a great looking CJ5 - I hope that things turn out well.  Patty, if it doesn't and you decide to bail out, pls let me know. I've always been fond of CJ5's and Laureen and I will be bringing an empty trailer home from Phoenix at Thanksgiving....

Scott
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Norm

Scott my guess is that a few weeks is the minimum it would take to get that old jeep running. :D

If you folks need a resting spot on the way back from Phoenix stop on in. Not sure the route you take but we're about 40 miles north of I-80 if you go that way.

Burlkraft

Sorry ta hear about the Jeep Patty.............I was hopin' you'd have reliable ride after all that work >:( >:(  I know from 'sperience that having a customer not make it home with their truck after they have spent a boat load of money on it will upset  yer day  ::) ::)

Ya know.......what that thing needs is a 350 Chevy and and a juiced up 400 turbo tranny ;D ;D

Of course ya could always pull it up inta the barnyard and have at it with the 50 cal :D :D :D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

sawguy21

Quote from: Burlkraft on October 08, 2006, 08:54:51 AM
Of course ya could always pull it up inta the barnyard and have at it with the 50 cal :D :D :D

Don't even consider that >:(  Now yer steppin on the flag.:D :D :D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Patty

No, the jeep won't be target practice, but we are considering a combine shoot, since no one will let us borrow their silo.  ::) Thinking about dragging a junker down into the field behind us when the corn comes out.   8)
Women are Angels.
on a broomstick.....

Thank You Sponsors!