iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lead

Started by Nsmiller, September 19, 2014, 02:52:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nsmiller

I sawed for 4 hours today and I'm certain I'm dull again. So where can I buy one of them ther file guides? I really should have one.

NMFP

Ron, its funny you say that because I have a box of Simonds saw bits that were manufactured sometime in the early 90's.  They are 9/32 regulars and I compared them to the ones I have now.  The angle is much wider now and I feel, could probably be widened more in some applications. 

Had a box of some sort of imported bits a few years ago at work and they were horrible.  No two teeth that were inserted wore the same way.  Really wish I would have taken pictures but when you have a class there ready to saw, you need to saw and changing them as quickly as possible was the way to go.

Even today I find that the quality of bits we get now from Simonds isn't always the best.  Sometimes very inconsistent.

bandmiller2

NS, I bought my file guide from its designer Bruce Dexter. Bruce has since retired and sold his business to Chris Duval, Sawmill tool& service co. in Williamsburg Ma. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

NMFP

Is Chris selling them now as the last time I saw he was heavy into firewood processors.

Seems like a lot of the good places to buy stuff have either been bought out or sold off.  I have a feeling a lot more is going to happen in the next few years as some that are close to retirement age just cant find a buyer or its cheaper to start a new company than buy out an existing.

whitepine2

Frank you beat me to it
                                       W.C.

Ron Wenrich

I remember that the Chinese were trying to get into the bit market.  Bit salesman said he would give me a box, but said they were possibly the worst bit ever made. 
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

bandmiller2

I'am not sure if Chris is selling the file guides but he will know the story on them. Has anyone had Chris hammer a saw.??
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Jeff

Please check with sponsor Menominee saw to the left. They help pay the bills around here and make it possible for people to come here for help. Give them a call!  If you want to call the guy Frank posted, send him a private message to get the number as it was removed due to our long time standing rule against posting someone elses personal information on the website.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Thank You Sponsors!