iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Some people

Started by David Freed, March 05, 2010, 06:45:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Freed

Someone that had tools advertised on Craigslist listed his location as Oaktown in the ad. I sent an e-mail asking where he was located because the last time I was there, Oaktown had about 20 or 30 houses. His reply - "I'm located in oaktown which is about 52 miles south of terre haute on route 41".

What does he expect me to do; just start knocking on doors until I find the right house? I sent him a reply - "I know where Oaktown is, but the last time I went through, there was more than 1 house."

He also said in his e-mail that he had sold the tools I was interested in, but I replied anyways to try to wake him up.

timberfaller390

Maybe since he had already sold the tools he didn't want to tell anyone else where he lived.
L.M. Reese Co. Land Management Contractors
Stihl MS390
John Deere 50G excavator
John Deere 5103
John Deere 440 ICD dozer

J_T

Yep maybe he works for the C I A  ::) Me anyone wants to stop in and buy dinner i'll PM all directions and phone number . ;D :D Have met a few F F folks so far  8)
Jim Holloway

David Freed

Quote from: timberfaller390 on March 05, 2010, 08:48:35 AM
Maybe since he had already sold the tools he didn't want to tell anyone else where he lived.
He had sold only 6 of the 100+ items he had advertised.

He did send another e-mail with his address. He said most people say "Where is Oaktown". I get that a lot also when I tell people I live in Odon.

fishpharmer

Here is a true story for you.
A local person to me.  Put a car up for sale on Fleabay,  A buyer contacted the local person and asked if they could come and look at the car before the auction closed.  Buyer says "sure".
So a couple fella's come and look at the car.  They tell seller it's nice but no thanks.  Next morning the car is gone.  STOLEN.  They caught the thieves. 

Yes, you guessed it, the same fella's that came and looked at the car stole it.

Of course in your situation, It could possible be reversed, the tools may have been stolen and you sounded too "official" (if you can say such a thing).   Never really know, it takes all kinds.  Get someone else to call and see if they get the same treatment.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Thank You Sponsors!