iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Where can I find blade for home made saw mill

Started by alsayyed, December 12, 2009, 12:41:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alsayyed

`Hello to everyone. I have finished 90 % building my saw mill, which it took at least one month to build. It looks good for time being  I can't wait to see it when it is running and it is gong to chew the wood. Know where I can find blade that has 4.60 meters in length so I can place it on the tires. And what brands you people are recommend I should purchase?
Is this standard size for blade or made wide little.
Looking forward for your reply.

I will post the picture hopefully next time.

garyfg

Check out sponser Menominne Saw. They have different brands and can make to your length.

fishpharmer

I like the supersharp blades from Cooks Saw.  Shipping may be a major factor in your situation.  I believe most companies will make a blade of any length. (not sure).   Several sponsors sell blades.  
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Fla._Deadheader

Maybe Google search for mill manufacturers in Europe ???  Must be someone closer than the USA ???  It works out to 181 inches, if my math is close ??? That's not too terribly long. Blade guides should keep it running true.
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

sdunston

WM offers any length and they are a sponsor and there link is to the left
Sam
WM LT28, American fordge 18x8 planer,Orange and white chainsaws, NH TC33, IHT6 dozer, IH-H tractor and alot of other stuff that keeps me agravated trying to keep running

Tom

Hey Alsayyed!
It's good to see that you are back with another adventure.  :D

alsayyed

thank you fellows for the quick reply. i  will go for WM i think they have what i need.
thank you Tom. it is adventure for me. i have told my childern if this machine worked very well i will take you to dinner at Jonney R. the humberger place. i promise once i get the blade i will post some photos.

thanks to every body
season greetings to all of you at the forum.

Jeff

Hey, we dont want to wait for the blade. We'd like to see some right away! ;D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

WH_Conley

Bill

LeeB

Considering the hardness of the woods available to you, I would think you might want to try the 7degree or 4 degree ghook angle blades.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

johnnythetireman

hello i am replying to your ad to let you know you can get any size blade you need  they make it to order i got mine from lenox  i got an inexpensive wood master C to start with it was about $26.00 plus shipping  the better ones is about double that but they also cut through nails don't know if you still need it but thought i would let you know i'm still building mine i built mine out of  an old wak behind mower using  the hydro of of it and a camper trailer to make it portable

fishpharmer

johnny, welcome to the forum.  I have a special fondness for homemade mills.  We look forward to seeing some pics and hearing more about it.  Your in some fine company down near Jacksonville.   
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

bandmiller2

Welcome Johnny,glad to hear your rolling your own,building a bandmill was one of my favorite projects.I found the easiest way was to start with a band and make a mill to fit it.Best if you choose a standard legnth say for the WM 40 series many places have them all made up ready to ship.Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Magicman

Hey johnny, Welcome to The Forestry Forum..... 8)  You're in good company building your own mill.  Matter of fact, there is a thread on that subject here.

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,41092.0.html
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!