A Christmas Auction for the Forestry Forum!

Started by Paschale, December 11, 2005, 10:11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paschale

It's time for a little auction to help support the Forestry Forum.  This isn't THE auction, but a bit of an appetizer for the real deal on the other side of the Holidays...and it's seasonal!  What's up for auction is a Christmas CD by the Brass Band of Battle Creek.  The proceeds will go to the Forestry Forum.  Christmas music and brass are a perfect combination (if I do say so myself!).  I'm on the CD, which is why I thought I'd put it up for auction, with Jeff's approval.

This is my first Ebay auction, and I tried to set up two items, but it wouldn't let me do it since I'm a newbie.  So I made two different auctions, they can be found at these two links:

Auction One

Auction Two

Auction Three

The auction will end next Sunday, so I'll be able to send it out on Monday, and I'll deposit the proceeds into Jeff's Paypal Donation box here on the forum.
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

Furby

UNCLEBUCK

Boy am I going to enjoy listening to Paschale , I mean hey I am going to check that out right now, I dont do paypal anymore but ya"ll know me right ? My money orders is good ! Yeah ya"ll know me ? Right ?  :D :D 8) 8)
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

Jeff

KEWL! I got a copy of that C.D.! Ya'll are missing out if ya don't bid on one of these and get your own copy!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

UNCLEBUCK

Hey somebody outbid me , DanG you charles  :D  I will wait and shoot a big one in at the end  :D  you"ll see  :D 8)

etat

Ordinarily I snipe bid, but I kinda thought this one would be more fun to bid as ya go. 

Any challengers?   8) 8) 8)
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

UNCLEBUCK

etat

Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

pigman

If you two keep this up for the next 6 days, those cds will be over $1000. :o
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

UNCLEBUCK

I am not crossing the Mackinaw bridge without this c.d. !  :D  Boy am I gonna snipe you guys  :D :D

UNCLEBUCK

etat

I've never heard Christmas Music and Brass...........

Well, not YET anyways................... :)

Paschale

Well, I'll be, y'all are going to it!   8)  I think this bodes well for our idea of a full fledged auction.   :)  At the rate you guys were bidding...I shoulda put about five of those things up there.  Things have quieted down...and I bet they'll stay quiet until next weekend.   ;)

Oh, and UNCLEBUCK, your check is good anytime.  I put that little comment in the Ebay listing about personal checks just in case nobody on the forum was interested, and somebody I didn't know bid on it and won.  Looks like the winner's definitely gonna be somebody from the FF...it just remains to be seen who!   ;D

Thanks for bidding guys...it's for a good cause!   8)

Oh...btw...you can check the music out here:

http://bbbc.net/pages/main/listeningpost.htm
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

Tom

Wow!   Y'all make good music.  :)

Scott Thornburg's "Believe Me If All Those Endearing Young Charms"
almost had me in tears.  What a clear, mellow, deliberate and 'on note" Cornet he plays.

Part_Timer

Man I had to bid three times just to get there but #2 is mine for now.

tag your it :D :D :D

Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Modat22

remember man that thy are dust.

etat

UNCLEBUCK

etat

UNCLEBUCK

etat

getoverit

:D :D :D :D I bet the people that are looking at these auctions that dont know about the forestry forum are scratching their heads and wondering why it is that people are willing to pay so much for christmas music  :D :D ;D

just watch.. someone else will go out and invest a fortune on buying more of these CD's to sell on e-bay, and not a soul will buy them.... They will sit there and say " I dont get it...."
I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

UNCLEBUCK

:D everytime I bid I cant stop laughing , this is way too much fun but I want everyone to remember I am going to snipe ya"ll at auctions end  :D :D  Hey ck whats snipe? I went huntin for them once when I was little guy , got a whole sack full ! :D

beenthere

Puh skoll ee
What are the chances these two CD's will be autographed by the phamous trombonist?  Might be worth more if they were just 'two of a kind', don'tcha think?

Just layin in the weeds here, thinkin' 8)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others