iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Transmission cavitating

Started by rdobb13, March 14, 2023, 08:02:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rdobb13

Ole fat bottom is acting out again. 648g3 torque converter. 

Last week it started making the hydraulic squeaking sound, only heard in the cab by my deaf ears. I thought it was in the blade and grapple system. Got to looking at it yesterday and when I started it the noise had went away. 

I posted out the blade/tank filter to check for metal and found none. Later I pulled the trans filter and it was full of foam and bubbles. I looked for a linked line and found none. I used an infrared temp gun and didn't really find any hot spots. All that I've read from the forum. 

I'm waiting on the filters to come in today and see what happens with them. Next idea is drain both systems and check screens?  Still looking for the location of the trans screen. 

Also all temps seem to be normal when it was running. 

Any other ideas from the pros? 

Thank Randy

Cub

My past experience I have found if your hydro oil has foam and bubbles you are getting air into your system. Look for a loose fitting on the suction side. 

Zewnten

Agreed air coming in the uction line is where I'd start. Replace hard hoses or put shaving cream all the way around the end. If some sucks in you've found the issue.

rusticretreater

The ol' visual inspection.  Check every hose, wiggle them at the metal fittings, look for a leak, etc.
Woodland Mills HM130 Max w/ Lap siding upgrade
Kubota BX25
Wicked Grapple, Wicked Toothbar
Homemade Log Arch
Big Tex 17' trailer with Log Arch
Warn Winches 8000lb and 4000lb
Husqvarna 562xp
2,000,000th Forestry Forum Post

Ljohnsaw

:P
That gives me hope for my SkyTrak.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

rdobb13

Transmission filter seems to have made her happy. Still debating on draining the trans and checking the screen, all clamps are tight and lines appear to all be newer. 

No obvious signs so far. Maybe it was that simple?  

customsawyer

I would still check the screen.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

teakwood

National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

rdobb13

That's still the plan, it's at the shop not the job. Just waiting on rain to get to it. 

Thank You Sponsors!