iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

big bear on the logging tract

Started by aksawyer, July 18, 2010, 05:39:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aksawyer

Yesterday was a good day for falling not to hot,not to cold.Just cut a very large standing dead spruce for one of our customers.The berries are out everywhere,raspberries,blue berries and cloud berries.Well you guessed it, Iget ready to drop the next tree about fourty yards from huge berry thickett,look around too see if my son is returning down the hill with skidder and here comes momma griz with her two babies.Started up the saw reved it super high and think god off they go.Spent rest of the day with 44 on hip by fire extinguisher.Aksawyer

Magicman

Sounds like she caught you in the act of cutting trees off of her dinner table.  :o  We're glad that that's all that she caught....and not you.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Autocar

Where I am from you may run into a raccoon in a berry patch   :D  Thats big enough   ;D
Bill

clif

On the way to Anchorage  the other morning, just outside of Sterling I saw a 2 year old trying to scrape a road kill rabbit off the highway.  It did not stick around long enough to get a picture.  Maybe I can find one while I am fishing and get a picture.  Clif
Mighty Myte Mark IV Band Saw Mill .  " Don't let the past hold you back"

mad murdock

years back when I was working in King Salmon, I had a close call with a browny, abt 7ft juvenile.  I tell you, when you get close to one of those critters, there ain't no such thing as too big of a gun!  Glad you was able to shoo her off!
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

Samuel

Funny you should mention the bear thing.  I just put all of our field staff through a gun training course last week for bear safety.  We have 6 or 7 Pistol Grip Winchester 870 Express' that we let our "trained field staff" utilize.  The training involves one full day on the range and then three bush scenarios with stationary and moving bear targets in heavy underbrush.  Very realistic and awesome training for our staff.  At the end of the second day, they are very comfortable with the firearm.

Sorry to sidetrack the post...
Web: HugeDomains.com - StrategicHseSystems.com is for sale (Strategic Hse Systems)
LinkedIn http://ca.linkedin.com/in/samuelelkins
Software Solutions-
DATS | Digital Action Tracking System by ASM

Chuck White

Quote from: Samuel on July 19, 2010, 12:57:59 AM
Funny you should mention the bear thing.  I just put all of our field staff through a gun training course last week for bear safety.  We have 6 or 7 Pistol Grip Winchester 870 Express' that we let our "trained field staff" utilize.  The training involves one full day on the range and then three bush scenarios with stationary and moving bear targets in heavy underbrush.  Very realistic and awesome training for our staff.  At the end of the second day, they are very comfortable with the firearm.

Sorry to sidetrack the post...

Sam; Is this like a test question?

I thought the 870 Express was a Remington!   ;)

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

mad murdock

maybe it was Winchester SuperX ammo he was confusing with the '870?
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

Samuel

Remington...right.  God what was I thinking...
Web: HugeDomains.com - StrategicHseSystems.com is for sale (Strategic Hse Systems)
LinkedIn http://ca.linkedin.com/in/samuelelkins
Software Solutions-
DATS | Digital Action Tracking System by ASM

Chuck White

I might not have known if I didn't own 3 of them.   ;D
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

barbender

I didn't even catch it- I just saw the "870 Express" and I know what that is ::)
Too many irons in the fire

SwampDonkey

We used 12 Gauge Defender in the bush camps in BC. Fired it once to drive out a momma and cub from camp. We had a fire pit to keep any refuge from the dinner table burnt up and no food odors. But, wildlife follow streams so it's only a matter of time for an encounter. ;D

Thinning on high ground in hardwood, always find a den. Have found a couple of blinds set up by dens before to.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!