iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Tower Edger

Started by ronwood, February 25, 2005, 02:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ronwood

I may be going to a sale on Saturday that has a Tower Edger 36 in 3 blades. Are they any good and what would something like that be worth?  ???

Thanks
Ron
Sawing part time mostly urban logs -St. Louis/Warrenton, Mo.
LT40HG25 Woodmizer Sawmill
LX885 New Holland Skidsteer

Bro. Noble

I'm not familiar with Tower edgers,  but have seen them advertised.  If it's in usable condition (check that the feed rolls aren't worn out and that the bearings are good) they bring 500 to 2000 dollars depending on condition and power source.  We use an old corley 3 saw edger and power it with an old tractor by flatbelt, and wouldn't do without it.  If it's a newer machine with OSHA approved guards,  It would be worth more.
milking and logging and sawing and milking

D._Frederick

Ron,

If it has babbit bearings, I wouldn't buy it unless it was at give-away price. To much of a problem if the babbit has broken into pieces and has to be re-poured.

If I remember correctly, they were built near Seattle, Wash.. I doubt that you can find any parts for this machine.

Bro. Noble

milking and logging and sawing and milking

ronwood

Bro. Noble,

I did not make the sale. My Dad and two of my brothers went. It was in pieces and they decided to leave before it sold.  It appeared that all the parts may have not been there. Wanted to go but I had some logs for a customer to saw so I decided to to that since the day was nice.

Thanks for asking.
Ron
Sawing part time mostly urban logs -St. Louis/Warrenton, Mo.
LT40HG25 Woodmizer Sawmill
LX885 New Holland Skidsteer

Thank You Sponsors!