iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Heading for Deer camp

Started by Weekend_Sawyer, November 21, 2003, 11:09:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weekend_Sawyer

Well fellas, ladys and others, tmorrow morning at o-dark-30  2 of my brothers and I will be heading for deer camp in West Virginia. With Gun permits alone you can harvest 2 bucks and 4 antlerless.

On a sad note, this is the first time we will be up there without Dad. He passed away in July at the age of 83. Dad loved the camp in WV and we will be holding a memorial for him this Sunday.

Dad and 4 other friends started the camp in 1947. He was the oldest surviving original member. It has cold running water, no electricity a little house behind the big house and a fine wood stove that keeps us snug in the coldest of weather.

I'll be back in a week and nothing feels better after a week in the mountains than a HOT shower!
WS
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

pappy

WS,

A hot shower is easy.. :P  :P  

A clean five gallon plastic pail. A garden hose connector, with value, a flower spray nozzel,maybe a few extra fittings and a chunck'a hose.

A method to heat water and a place to hang the pail and job done.  8)  8)

Ya'all don't smell like the privy or last nights fish and ya got a better chance at least seein' whiley ole' buck  

Your camp is the same as my Dad built,  as far as it needs to be ta go where ya need ta be.

My dad was 84 and he's always at camp.

my ya get 'em a dandy.

termite
"And if we live, we shall go again, for the enchantment which falls upon those who have gone into the woodland is never broken."

"Down the Allagash."  by; Henry Withee

Thank You Sponsors!