iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Huskys bad rep

Started by Sawyerfortyish, June 23, 2008, 07:52:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cut4fun

As you know Russ alot come into play COLD start racing. Not just the fastest saw, it takes a good operator too and a lot of luck.
I have seen the fastest saws not place due to mistakes in cold start, change overs, etc.
So just because someone says they have the fastest saws dont mean squat to me. Line up cold start-em and let the mistakes began so us gas saw guys have a chance. 8)

I dont think you have ever met the owner of this saw either. He lives 20 miles from me and is in his early 20's. He helped me out with my spring GTG.
Plus he his twice the operator I could ever be, he cuts alot of rounds on his families tree farm.

I run Klotz or Poulan synthetic when I cant find Klotz. Whats that matter on oil type?

Al_Smith

Now there are 346's and there are 346's .I talked to the owner of that 346 I was refering to and he tells me the fastest one he has ever seen is in Alabama but it's not a gasser .

Kind of funny,somebody makes a fast one ,then along comes one faster.It goes on and on . :D

jokers

Thanks for filling in the details off-line Cut4fun, I was in fact thinking of someone else who has a fast pp346. As far as one saw being faster, and I`m talking strictly in a racing scenario, the best comparison would probably be hot start over the block to minimize some of the technique discrepancies that you allude to, single cut would be even better because it eliminates the changeover variable but still there might be a chain variable and so it goes....

There is nothing at all wrong with running Klotz but because of it`s distinct red coloration and smell, oh, and compatibility with funny fuel, it has been used to hide nitro and other oderiferous fuel additives that increase a saw`s output. This is exactly the reason that at my GTGs we provide fuel for the worksaw classes. Helps keep everybody honest but a certain amount of scrutiny is still necessary. People can run whatever they want in the open class, even a 3 cuber on nitro if that floats their boat.

Quote from: Al SmithKind of funny,somebody makes a fast one ,then along comes one faster.It goes on and on .
yup, the nature of the game...........Cut4fun is right though, the consistant winner is going to be the person with the best technique regardless of how good their saw is or isn`t.

Al_Smith

Quote from: jokers on July 04, 2008, 03:13:29 PM

Quote from: Al SmithKind of funny,somebody makes a fast one ,then along comes one faster.It goes on and on .
yup, the nature of the game...........Cut4fun is right though, the consistant winner is going to be the person with the best technique regardless of how good their saw is or isn`t.
I didn't see it in action but talking about technique I did see a young fellow at Chardon Ohio  they say ran a muffler saw  against piped saws and did well enough to place in the finals .I did see the finals,kind of old home week so to speak ,and the young man did extremely well .That is talent .That kid at less than half my age has forgotten more already than I ever knew . :D

Sawyerfortyish

Well I finally got my saw back after 7 months. It took a Stihl chainsaw dealer to find it for me. This dealer just took on the Husky line of saws in addition to the stihl saws he has sold for years. My saw was at a small husky dealer that was closing his doors and going out of bussiness. The saw was just sitting on a shelf and is still not fixed. All I need is a clutch spring and it'll be good to go. I have never seen such a worthless full of bull person to represent a saw company as this guy that took my saw  >:(. If he worked for me he would have gone a long time ago.

blaze83

glad you got your saw back, I had an 044 ripped off from my garage a while back, not a good feeling..... it's like losing one of the family :D

blaze83
I'm always amazed that no matter how bad i screw up Jesus still loves me

TexasTimbers

Yeah I'm glad you got your saw back. That's a great feeling to recover stolen property, I know this all too well. Yours was basicaly stolen IMO so it must feel as good to you. it's a whole different feeling than losing something yourself and then finding it later. Both good, but the recovery of stolen goods just taste a little sweeter to me.

I guess you don't know anymore details than what you gave, like what the creep told the Husky dealer, or if the Husky dealer was also negligent etc.?

Not that it matters. You have your saw. The world turns. ;)
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

Cut4fun

Quote from: Sawyerfortyish on July 10, 2008, 07:00:13 AM
Well I finally got my saw back after 7 months. It took a Stihl chainsaw dealer to find it for me. This dealer just took on the Husky line of saws in addition to the stihl saws he has sold for years. My saw was at a small husky dealer that was closing his doors and going out of bussiness. The saw was just sitting on a shelf and is still not fixed. All I need is a clutch spring and it'll be good to go. I have never seen such a worthless full of bull person to represent a saw company as this guy that took my saw  >:(. If he worked for me he would have gone a long time ago.

You got any video of the Husky 340 making its cuts racing?  Was it for a 2.5 ci and under class?

Mooseherder

Quote from: TexasTimbers on July 10, 2008, 09:42:14 AM
Yeah I'm glad you got your saw back. That's a great feeling to recover stolen property, I know this all too well. Yours was basicaly stolen IMO so it must feel as good to you. it's a whole different feeling than losing something yourself and then finding it later. Both good, but the recovery of stolen goods just taste a little sweeter to me.

Ditto!  That is a great feeling. ;D
One Sunday at 9am. about 20 years ago a lady stole 4 Lobster Tails from my shop.  She was outside pulling away before I realized what she had done.  Was I mad. >:(
While I was steaming watching her pull away, she made the error of pulling into my competitor across the highway. ;D :)
Got in my car and went there.  She was in their Store ripping them off.  I told their Store Manager, asked him for a Coat Hanger, went to her car and got my Lobster Tails Back. :D
Also left her a note on her windshield under her wiper. :D
It said sumpthin like it was a pleasure doing business with you.
My Store manager tried to get me in trouble with the District Manager for not following procedures.  I was his favorite from that point on. :D

Sawyerfortyish

Cut4fun I don't have any pictures. But I've been winning the 2.5 and under class for a couple years now. My favorate small fair has a chainsaw cutting competition. You warm your saw up for one minuet and the judge taps you on the shoulder you make one upcut then all downcuts and try to cut as many cookies off an 8x8 in one minuet before he taps you on the shoulder again. Then they count the cookies and measure the front and back cut of the unfinished cookie and whoever cut the farthest wins. What I like about it is it's not who can get his saw started or off the ground the quickest. You start with the saw running as close to the beam without touching it as possible. It is the fastest cutting saw that wins.

Thank You Sponsors!