iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

48 years ago today

Started by maple flats, October 13, 2015, 05:51:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maple flats

On this date in 1967 a good friend and I went swimming in my parents pool for a couple of hours. It was in upstate NY and was not heated. OH, and by the way, he was my Best Man that evening, Friday the 13th, of Oct. 1967, Joan became my wife, and I'd do it all over again, the marriage not the swim in an unheated pool. Today, to celebrate our anniversary we are going to get a new freezer, our 5 yr old one quit for the second time. It is an upright, we are going back to a chest freezer.

logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

cntryby

Grey haired riders didn't get that way from pure luck.

thecfarm

A much diffeant way to enjoy a special day,swimming or buy a frezzer.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

clww

Congratulations to the happy couple.  smiley_love
6 weeks before I was born, I might add. ;D
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

beenthere

Congrats on the 40 years. Did you figure the "cold dip" would clear your senses?  ;D

As to the freezer, we bought our upright Coldspot Sears freezer in 1961, shortly after we were married, and it is still going strong today (knock on wood) as is the marriage. The freezer even pulls a slight vacuum when the door is closed to seal it.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

maple flats

I think our last freezer (also from Sears) must have been mislabeled, It said Kenmore but I think it should have been named Hotspot.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

petefrom bearswamp

Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

WV Sawmiller

Maple,

Congrats to you and the missus. You've got near 10 years on me and mine but we'll get there eventually I hope. (I still don't have mine trained but I keep polishing.) Have a great special day.

I made this mistake of getting one rose per every year we have been married on our anniversary and its getting more expensive. I should have gotten silk ones then each year I could just add one more to the bouquet.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Magicman

Congratulations in the 48 years of bliss together.   smiley_love
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

plowboyswr

Congratulations to you, maple flats.

WV I may have to borrow this idea!  ;D I'm only at 8, but still!

Quote from: WV Sawmiller on October 13, 2015, 12:47:34 PM

I made this mistake of getting one rose per every year we have been married on our anniversary and its getting more expensive. I should have gotten silk ones then each year I could just add one more to the bouquet.
Just an ole farm boy takin one day at a time.
Steve

samandothers

Happy Anniversary!  Hope you have many more!

sandhills

Congratulations, you know, you could fill the new freezer with warm water before you plug it in......  :).

coxy

congrats  have a wonderful night

fishpharmer

Congrats on the 48 year anniversary!
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

fat olde elf

Congratulations to both of you !!
Cook's MP-32 saw, MF-35, Several Husky Saws, Too Many Woodworking Tools, 4 PU's, Kind Wife.

maple flats

Thank you all. It was a good day, we both enjoyed it. Then on he weekend, our 4 grown kids and 7.9 grandkids came and gave us another nice evening. Then our oldest daughter also took us out to supper at a nice old castle called Beardsley Castle. At that, when I asked what kinds of beer they had, the waitress said she'd brin a beer list. That list had all the common beers along with 150-200 micro brewery beers from all over the globe. I tried one called "Long Trail Ale", it was good.

Thank You Sponsors!