iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

"30" Year old Horse

Started by Magicman, March 14, 2019, 03:39:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

The Granddaughter that I made this Rocking Horse for had her 30'th Birthday yesterday.  The horse may actually be only ~29, but that doesn't matter because it is now rocking it's next generation.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

doc henderson

that is a good looking horse and a neat tradition.  can you keep up with all the presumed grandkids and beyond?  I would have taken you for more of a country music fan, not a "rocker".  Any pics of you with long hair in the fifties or sixties?  It has been ridden many miles i am sure.  Is it pine with hardwood rockers?
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

doc henderson

i made a rocker for my great niece, from wood that was a family tree and spanned 5 generations.  it was a standing dead oak and had nice spalting.

this one was about 5 years ago, and we wrote up a history, that we hope she will appreciate when she is older.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Magicman

Quote from: doc henderson on March 14, 2019, 03:46:03 PMIs it pine with hardwood rockers?
No, all SYP framing lumber with "White Pine shelving" seat & slats.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

doc henderson

You made a great legacy.  how bout the pics from the fifties and sixties?   ;) :)

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

WV Sawmiller

Good looking horse. I know your granddaughter must enjoy seeing the next generation enjoying her toys.

Mine is only 27. The mule is 25. I caught them both rolling and back scratching here. The horse will stand at the gate all day waiting for  his sweet feed and hay. The mule will stay close but he will go graze and browse. I believe the horse would rather starve than go look for his own feed. Even if the grass was knee deep he will stand there at the gate till fed. I could give him just a cup of feed then he would go find his own but until then nothing.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

cbla

nice work and a great piece to be passed on thru the family

Ruffgear

Nice job magic, 30 yrs is a long time to hold on to something like that, tats great. I really like the real hair..

Magicman

Quote from: Ruffgear on March 16, 2019, 12:17:15 AMI really like the real hair.
From a mop and it is the original.

Thank You Sponsors!