Sponsors:

Faces in a Table

Started by WDH, December 14, 2015, 08:47:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YellowHammer

Nice table.  You do good work!
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Lud

Nice table,  Danny!!     I've been sitting on a couple boards for years that have a pair of knots that remind me of tiger eyes.  I've always thought a chest front and top would be a perfect use just haven't got to it.  Any spare time usually sees me grabbing a blank and turning a bowl ON MY LATHE!! 8)
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

sandsawmill14

wdh what finish did you use on the table i really like it :)
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

WDH

It is tung oil.  The finish is not finished.  In that pic, the table top was wet with the first oil application, so you are seeing the shine of the wet oil.  It is wiped off after 40 minutes, so that pic does not show what the finished finish will look like.  Here is a walnut table finished with 3 or 4 coats of the 100% tung oil mixed 50:50 with mineral spirits.  It gives more of a natural look with a very light shine, not nearly as shiny as varnish.

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

mesquite buckeye

I do a lot of glueups for Darlene's art pieces. If you want a bunch of faces just bookmatch some knotty redcedar. You'll have all the faces looking back at you that you can stand. ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball:

I'd put up a picture, but we don't have any of them on hand right now. :(

They all seem to disappear. ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

SwampDonkey

Beautiful wood Danny. Another nice rugged table and wonderful bench to.  :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!