Dust port adapter

Started by VB-Milling, October 10, 2021, 09:48:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VB-Milling

Has anyone at Woodland Mills thought about offering some sort of dust port adapter as an accessory? I understand it's tough at the price point, but I wasn't thinking make it a standard option, rather an add-on.

I've only had my HM126 a couple months and nearly all the welds have failed on the round stock at the exhaust port. As I thought about welding them back on, I started to ponder welding on some sort of hook to attach a bucket to catch the dust. That led to thinking about an elbow of some sort to attach a 6 inch hose to a blower motor and a catch barrel. 

I can fab something, or talk to my neighbor who is an HVAC sheet metal fabricator, but a factory option would likely perform much better than what I can come up with.  
HM126

Redmt

I'll resurrect this from the dead. On my 130 max I attached 2 light hanger chains with a couple of screws to the blade housing and riveted a piece of aluminum to the side of the port. I cut a 4" square out of a plastic 5 gallon bucket and hung it up tight to the blade housing using a couple small hooks where the removed handle attached. It works great.
Those who would disrespect our flag have never been handed a folded one.

Touchngo

Pic would be much appreciated. 

Thanks

Redmt

Those who would disrespect our flag have never been handed a folded one.

Touchngo

Looks good to me.  Much thanks for pic