iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Log Prices in Northeast TN

Started by 123maxbars, December 29, 2011, 08:11:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

123maxbars

Thought I would post the prices logs are costing in Northeast TN (city of Church Hill). No one requested this information but its nice to compare to other parts of the country.  I run an LT35 on my mini/hobby farm in Northeast TN. I am located about an hour West of Ashville NC. I saw on the weekends as a part time income/hobby. I don't do many mobile jobs cause of the demand for wood in my area. I have found that I do better/financially selling lumber from buying logs from loggers than I would do mobile jobs. I still do mobile jobs, but I dont get alot of request.  Anyways here is what the local prices are for logs in my area from loggers:

SYP: 250 per mdf
Poplar 300 per mdf
Cedar, I was buying it from a local kid for 350 per mdf but that didn't last long, lnly got two loads from    him until he ran out of cedars
Red Oak: 500 per mdf
Haven't bought any cherry,walnut due to having a few acres of trees I own that I get them from.

I also can get a tandem load (knuckle boom truck loaded) that is scaled around 3000ft for $1,100.00 that would usually be a mix of Poplar/Chesnut/Red Oak and maybe some Pine.

Thats the going rates in my neck of the woods and is scaled using Doyle. 
Sawyer/Woodworker/Timber Harvester
Woodmizer LT70 Super Wide, Nyle L53 and 200 kiln, too many other machines to list.
outofthewoods
Youtube page
Out of the

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Thanks Max. I like to hear different prices from different places.

I appreciate it!
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

MotorSeven

I can add to this, I paid $1,000 for a knuckle boom load of Hemlock that I needed for rafters on my house. I tried to buy Cedar & could not get one load delivered for an agreed price(even advertised for 6 months). I'm not too far from you in Hancock county.
WoodMizer LT15 27' bed

apm

Hi 123maxbars, I'm in Butler, not far from you. Are you the one advertising in the tri-cities Craigslist? There's a woodmizer owner from Church Hill regularly running ads.

Greg
Timberking 1600 now

jueston

how did you find your suppliers? did you just put an ad on craigslist? or did you just happen to know some loggers?

123maxbars

Took me about four months to find some. I now have two loggers that deliver me logs when I need them and when I don't need them.  I was buying from a local log yard, but after I bought the logs then paid the money for them to deliver them to me I was barely making any cash. Now with the logging companies the just charge for the wood and not to bring them to my sawmill. You just have to get out there and chase these log trucks down and find out who wants to work with you and who doesn't.
Sawyer/Woodworker/Timber Harvester
Woodmizer LT70 Super Wide, Nyle L53 and 200 kiln, too many other machines to list.
outofthewoods
Youtube page
Out of the

dgdrls

I checked the forum tool-box first :D

Pick your State, you can get an idea at least

http://www.srs.fs.usda.gov/econ/data/prices/index_b.htm
DGDrls

Thank You Sponsors!