iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The 2006 PIG ROAST Thread. (renamed)

Started by Jeff, June 22, 2006, 10:07:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Hey folks, its time for us to try to start getting an approximate head count so when Tammy and I get home we can start prepairing for the Pig Roast. If you do not RSVP this does not mean you can't come. If you find out the last minute you can make it, GET HERE! ;D

The way we did this last year is make a post stating you are coming, or planning to come (I know things can pop up) and add to our total of the number of people attending.  When we get home I will try to get a thorough list of camp grounds and hotels and places to stay listed. Until then if you want to search on your own, Harrison is where we live, Houghton lake is the town to the north, and Clare and Mt. Pleasant are to the south.  All have many options to stay.

So. lets get started!

Jeff and Tammy and our kids will be there! That makes

Add to the total and we'll see ya when we get back from Costa Rica! (I'd say see ya later in spanish, but I aint got a clue...)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tom

I'm gettin stuff lined up.  I'm one more and that makes:

treecyclers

Jeff-
I am working on the logistics of getting there, and getting to Lubbock TX for bullriding school the following weekend, making all the details work, and keeping the budget down.
What's the nearest major airport that has commercial flights?
SD
I wake up in the morning, and hear the trees calling for me...come make us into lumber!

Mr Mom

Bullriding school??
     Just jump on and hold on go for a ride.That is what we used to do at the farm on our steers. Suprised we didnt kill yourselfs. Maybe thats is what wrong with me.

Thanks Alot Mr Mom.

IL Bull

Two Bulls from Illinois,

That makes  7
Case Skid Steer,  Ford Backhoe,  Allis WD45 and Burg Manual Sawmill

treecyclers

Yes, bullriding school.
I figure that, if I can strap myself on to a 1500 pounds piece of irritated beef with an attitude, and stay on for 8 seconds, AND live to tell the tale, there isn't much that I can't accomplish in my life across the board.
The other thing I will be doing is skydiving. Yes, jumping from a perfectly good airplane with a parachute is nuts, but it's one more thing that I would like to accomplish in my lifetime.
Hey, Asy, I'll be visiting your neck of the woods soon as well! That's one of my vacation goals!
The idea of diving on the Great barrier reef, walking the beautiful beaches, and perhaps going fishing for a couple days is my dream vacation!
First things first though.
Gotta get things lined on for the FF Piggy Roast!
SD
I wake up in the morning, and hear the trees calling for me...come make us into lumber!

tomboysawyer

Quote from: Jeff B on June 22, 2006, 10:07:59 AM
(I'd say see ya later in spanish, but I aint got a clue...)

Hasta la Vista (, baby)!

Don't have to know Spanish - just the Terminator!

beenthere

Planning to be there.

That makes 9
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Paschale

Quote from: treecyclers on June 22, 2006, 10:25:58 AM
What's the nearest major airport that has commercial flights?
SD

There are several to choose from.  Detroit would be the largest, of course--I suspect that's about a three hour trip.  Grand Rapids would be the second largest in the state.  That would be pretty much two hours to Jeff's door.  Beyond that, you can probably get some reasonably cheap flights at Lansing, about two hours south, and Flint which is probably an hour an a half south. 

The times are all fairly guestimates, but I suspect fairly close.

I can't make it this year, again, since I'll be in Cali.  I guess I'll just show up three months late again.  Or rather, nine months early for 2007!   ;)
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

tnlogger

one hillbillly and Boss makes
gene

Kevin_H.

Add the outback gang...

that makes 16
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

submarinesailor

One subsailor and the commodore. :D :D :D  Maybe daughter and grandson, if I can talk them into it.  So, 2 for sure, maybe 4.

Jeff

we'll call that 20 then   keep the count going!  So it dont get lost!

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Furby

Add me for now..........

WV_hillbilly

Count in 4 hillbillies . that should make 25
Hillbilly

pigman

My lovely witch wife and I plan to be there if the washing machine creek doesn't rise.

Bob
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

getoverit

this is the weekend of August 5th and 6th.... right?
I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

UNCLEBUCK

I put my 350$ camper on old smokey and the 5th is my 42nd birthday and I guess I am a free man . Banjo and guitars and amps on board so I will say I hope to make it this time .

So, Uncle Buck makes 28  (Tom)
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

asy

I can't make it, again  :-\ , so it's still

But, I wish I could, does that count???

I'll be there in spirit.

Oh, and, Treecycler, if'n you get to Brissie, let me know, and I'll sure be glad to cook you dinner!!!  digin_2

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Weekend_Sawyer

We are not going to make it either, sorry folks no spaceman ice cream this time.

Still    28     I can't get the DanG font size to work.

oo hey I figured it out. Not bad for an engineer huh?

Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

IL Bull

Quote from: UNCLEBUCK on June 22, 2006, 11:19:21 PM
Banjo and guitars and amps on board so I will say I hope to make it this time .
I've have a guitar I could bring also.
Case Skid Steer,  Ford Backhoe,  Allis WD45 and Burg Manual Sawmill

getoverit

Add GetOverIt for number 29
I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

thedeeredude

I dont think Ill make it this year.  I dont trust my truck will make it to Michigan without a major malfunction.  But if anybody really wants me there Ill set up a paypal New truck donation account ;D

fat olde elf

Fat Olde Elf and Granny Bonnie make 31...........
Cook's MP-32 saw, MF-35, Several Husky Saws, Too Many Woodworking Tools, 4 PU's, Kind Wife.

CHARLIE

Charlie and Donna will both be there.  That makes 33
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Thank You Sponsors!