iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

2006 Pig Roast Webcam links

Started by Jeff, August 04, 2006, 11:26:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Here is a link to were we will be archiving photos. (Once we start archiving photos)

https://forestryforum.com/imagearchive/pigroast/

We won't be archiving everything, but the camera will upload a new still every 60 seconds. where you can view here:
https://forestryforum.com/webcam.html

If you have any trouble viewing the page using javascript refresh, you can view the new image directly with the link below, and simply refresh this page to look for a new image every minute.

The webcam program has been known to freeze, and I am away from the computer most of the pigroast, so if you notice that we stop getting new photos for a long period, call me on the phone to let us know and we will get it restarted.  The Camera is running now, but not much going on other then scurrying around gettign ready!

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

beenthere

Jeff
The link
https://forestryforum.com/imagearchive/pigroast/

has 2005 for a date, which may be a bit confusing (happens to me all the time ;D)

Many thanks for what you do for the FF and what Tammy and Stacy are doing to pull off this Piggy Roast each year. It's a ton of work.  God Bless you all.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Jeff

The camera is having issues right now, but my son is coming to fix it later today. I HOPE!   Got lots of people showing up now. Taking pictures and getting ready.  Tammy is teaching Kevin_H how to use a draw knife and build tables. What a hoot!

ElectricAl

Good thing Kevin is a Paramedic by trade ;D

Linda and I custom saw NHLA Grade Lumber, do retail sales, and provide Kiln Services full time.

Jeff

Still hoping to get the webcam fixed. It was knocked down off a temp perch yesterday while setting it up.  I'm still on Pig Duty. It looks like beenthere will be getting done earlier then most years. The new cooker cooks a little faster. I figure maybe another hour and a half.  I'm da only one awake AGAIN. :D  Quite a gang out here last evening. I'll name a few but will certainly for get many that were or are here on the property somewhere.

Tom Stout from Baker and wife, DanG, Tom, Woodbowl, Getoverit, Tn_logger,Nailhead and Pasbuild, Chet and Judy,Kevin_H and family, Hawby and Family and Friends, Il_Bull and wife, Furby, Michigan Mike and wife, Stump Jumpers and the Little stump Jumpers, BBTom, Marcel, sprucebunny, Burlcraft and wife, Ron Scott and Jan,  I'm forgetting a whole bunch but its 3:30 in the morning. :)    We had lots of laughs last night and just a taste of what is in store for tomorrow. I see several cameras so even if the webcam does not get fixed (WE WILL TRY OUR BEST)  we will have lots of pictures to share.

Jeff

Oh!  We did something different this year. Usually on Friday nights we all chip in for a bunch of Pizzas. Last night we sent Tammy to the 50's type diner in Mt. Pleasant call "The Pixie" instead and we had coney Island Hot Dogs. MMM~!

The Pixie
"Travel back to the days of cruisin', coney dogs, neon and juke box rock n' roll. The Pixie is fun with great food-fast! A deep tradition, quality and community involvement all add up to the spirit of the Pixie. The Pixie Restaurant opened in 1948 and was the first drive-in restaurant in Mt. Pleasant. At that time, the operation consisted of curb service with a complete menu. "Car Hops" would wait on customers in their cars and bring their food to them on trays which attached to the window. Today, the Pixie Restaurant has the 50's/60's neon look and a dining room with a 50's juke box, memorabilia and the same great food and service the Pixie has made famous for over 50 years."

We deliver our entire menu!

Were going to have something extra different tomorrow for folks that want to give it a try. Woodbowl brought it up from Florida. No, not grits, no, not okra, no, not turnip greens.

GATOR MEAT!

beenthere

Thanks for the update. Couldn't sleep (hot flashes or something I think  :D), and thoughts goin through my mind of jumping in the car, forgetting my obligations for tomorrow, and taking off for Harrison. Sure would like to be jokin around with you-all.  Glad to hear Burlkraft and Jill made it, as well as DanG (gotta meet him some day fer sure). Didn't hear if Charlie was makin it this year.
Sure would like a piece o that alligator meat, but especially of the piggy beenthere.

Hope the webcam gets up and runnin, but then I'd just sit and watch it tick along if it did.  :)

Have a great time.

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Jeff

A few photos to get you started. :)

Hawby shows he aint afraid of no pink outhouse! (Exits 5 minutes later with a confused look because he didnt know weather to sit down or stand up) ;D

The Back porch gang. Spruce Bunny , Chet, Isawlogs, Tom

Tammy shows Kevin_H how to use a draw knife to make cookie table legs.

Kevin learns to pay attention to his lesson...

Were having a good time. :)

Bibbyman

On our way home from the pig roast last year,  Brooke made the comment in a disappointing tone, "And I only got to use the bathroom outside one time." :'(
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Jeff

:D Them girls are something else Bib. :D   I aint used this one yet. I'm using my indoor priviliges.

BEENTHERE IS READY!

Funny thing this year. I usually have to do all the injecting of the pig with my big hypodermic beer and BBQ injector needle. This year, when everyone found out that we had named the piggy "beenthere"  There was a whole line of people wanting to take a turn giving him a shot in da back hams. I coulda sold tickets. ;D  (Sorry Kent) :D

beenthere

QuoteThere was a whole line of people wanting to take a turn giving him a shot in da back hams. I coulda sold tickets.
OUCH!!!!

But hey, I gotta reputation to put up with.  :D :D

Shore do look good.....Wish I wer der........

south central Wisconsin

Jeff

well, we've come to the conclusion the wireless capability of the camera is what is broken. but the good news is, the ethernet part still works. We're waiting on the ethernet cable to be made that is long enough, and we'll have the camera up and running for your viewing pleasure in about an hour.

Mooseherder

That is one nice looking Pig.
Hows the taste?

Jeff

Camera is operational, mobility is pretty limited as it's attached to an ethernet cable. But it's working nonetheless.

ElectricAl

Linda and I custom saw NHLA Grade Lumber, do retail sales, and provide Kiln Services full time.

Bibbyman

'Least the web-cam is getting everyone's best side.  :D

Arky e-mailed me and said he's been trying to get on the Forum and make a post but he keeps loosing the server connection.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Raphael

I think you should elevate the camera a bit...
The butt level view isn't really flattering.  ;)
... he was middle aged,
and the truth hit him like a man with no parachute.
--Godley & Creme

Stihl 066, MS 362 C-M & 24+ feet of Logosol M7 mill

SwampDonkey

Quote from: Jeff B on August 05, 2006, 04:09:23 AM
The Pixie Restaurant opened in 1948 and was the first drive-in restaurant in Mt. Pleasant. At that time, the operation consisted of curb service with a complete menu. "Car Hops" would wait on customers in their cars and bring their food to them on trays which attached to the window. Today, the Pixie Restaurant has the 50's/60's neon look and a dining room with a 50's juke box, memorabilia and the same great food and service the Pixie has made famous for over 50 years."

We deliver our entire menu!

Well I was in Mount Pleasant, and all I seen was hay and potato fields and a petting zoo. Ohhhh, that was here in NB. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Weekend_Sawyer

Man, I'm missin it! Youall have an extra plate of piggy for me. Last year I had
3 and The Lovley Miss Celest gave me a look when I was thinkin about another.

myself I am getting ready to get on another plane. See youall in a couple of weeks

Jon

Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Paschale

Man...looks like a great time!  Wish I could be there!

8) 8) 8)
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

Onthesauk

And mighty quiet here on the forum with all you folks there!

Enjoy!
John Deere 3038E
Sukuki LT-F500

Don't attribute irritating behavior to malevolence when mere stupidity will suffice as an explanation.

Jeff

Well, and of about 2 oclock this afternoon the last of the Forestry Forum Pig Roasters headed out for Home. Tammy and Tom and I all simply crashed once again after only a a few hours sleep over the 3 days.  Tammys sleeping on the living room floor still and Tom is in his room. I finally shook off a little fog and figured I better get the webcam picture on I promised. 

In this case, its the malfunctioning broken webcam picture

Kevin_H.

I ill neve pl y th pia o ag in.

ve y h rd to t pe mi  ing a f nger... :)
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

Radar67

According to the missed letters, looks more like 5 or 6 fingers.  :D :D :D Unless your huntin and peckin. ;)

Stew
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Thank You Sponsors!