iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

piggy roasty ?????

Started by timcosby, July 23, 2006, 12:21:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

timcosby

after searching all i could find out is it is on aug 5 but where? ???

Ernie_Edwards

Tim,

The pig roast is at Jeff and Tammys home in Harrison, Michigan.

Ernie

DanG

Tim, are you one of those folks that entered on the Sawmill board and never looked any further?  Go to the top and click on "The Forestry Forum" and you'll find the index page to all the boards.  Go to the General Board and find out all about the piggy roast, as well as lots more fun stuff. :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

timcosby

no i did a search of all the boards and just found general discussions i.e. campgrounds, motels etc but only one city name "clair" it must be close. mi is a bit far for me so maybe we need to do asouthern one and see who has the best pig.

timcosby

did a search of just the general board and got more results. i guese by searching with all forums checked it was blowing the programs percentage relevant algoritham or it was prolly just me!!! :D

Furby

Looks like we are getting a lot of the Southern boys up here this year, don't wimp out on us! ;)

Tom

The only problem with having regional pigroasts is that it tends to keep only certain members together and the others wait for a closer one to visit with "their" friends.   This forum has always been "our" friends.   Having the official roast in one spot makes it a gathering of all members and having it in Harrison is honoring the fact that Jeff is the center and creator of the whole mess.   It's hard on him and Tammy, I know, but successful family reunions usually happen at the old home place.  When they start getting scattered out to different places and times, they fall apart.

We still have camp meetings around the country.  One developed at my house this  year on the impromptu.   We had one at Fla._Deadheader's  camp a couple of years ago too.

I read of meetings at fairs and auctions.  We are developing a homing gaggle of members at Moultrie, Georgia that seem to look forward to meeting in October.  It is getting larger too, with folks coming from further and further away.

There is really only one piggy roast though. 8) :)

carvinmark

Quote from: Ernie_Edwards on July 23, 2006, 01:03:19 AM
Tim,

The pig roast is at Jeff and Tammys home in Harrison, Michigan.

Ernie
WOW, I'm so inexperienced on the web!!!! I can't belive that this is less than an hour from my house. I might just be there!
PRO-CUT CSM, 084, 056, MS200(rear handle), 025, 017, 395XP, 257, 316, 2094 Jonsered, CS346 Echo,Some macs and homelites and a pile of parts saws.

timcosby

i am going to try to make the moultrie show.

Jeff

carvinmark, you are more then welcome to come. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

getoverit

I just hope that Jeff has put in his order for some cooler weather for the Pig Roast this year... us southern boys could use some relief from the heat!
I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

Tom

Be careful what you wish for, Ken.   It get's Re-e-e-e-ealy cold up there.

Thank You Sponsors!