iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Thanksgiving food and traditions...

Started by Paschale, November 17, 2006, 04:54:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blaze83

Hi everyone,

some really neat traditions around the country...I miss the turkey day with my folks. when I was in high school and college in Montana  my dad and I would always go deer hunting on thanksgiving day. it was usually the last weekend of rifle season so we would get up early and go out for a few hours while mom would cook all the traditional stuff, turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes & gravy home made biscuits green beans or peas and pumkin and apple pie.  We would get home around 2 o'clock and eat and watch the cowboys play the traditional afternoon football game. We have  small family so it was always a small gathering. now that I live in Seattle and my parents live in Ohio, it's a phone call  :(  I usually go over to friends from church and eat, it's nice but not quite the same. Miss those hunts with my dad,

may your holliday be blessed and safe

Steve

PS this is a great site, look forward to making new friends
I'm always amazed that no matter how bad i screw up Jesus still loves me

Tom

What a surprise it would be to show up on his doorstep, unannounced, on one of these holiday weekends.  Even for a few hours, it would make their holidays special.

beenthere

Whose doorstep are you gonna show up on Tom?   ;D

Careful or you'll end up bein mentioned in Bibby's thread  ;D ;D ;D

blaze83
Welcome to the forum. Know what you mean about family and a bit of deer hunting and then sit for a grat meal. I like the dessert first, followed by the turkey, stuffin, gravy, and all the many other things......
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Tom

QuoteWhose doorstep are you gonna show up on Tom?

Nobody's anymore.  :)

blaze83

hey Tom,

I flew back and saw them earlier this fall, actually went to the logging show in Cambridge,  it was only a few miles from my folk's place.  if things go according to plan, this will be the last holiday season I'll miss. 8)

Beenthere,

I can't seem to convince myself when to stop eating,  I know it's to much when I have to pop the top button on the Levi's to make room for expansion... still force down the extra piece of pie though, or the late evening turkey samwich  :D
I'm always amazed that no matter how bad i screw up Jesus still loves me

sawguy21

Only a month and you guys get to do it all over again. When do you get any work
done? :D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Engineer

Paschale

Finished baking the Thanksgiving bread...

Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

Tom

Those two in back look like Daren's YO YO's .   
Or, Daren's YO YO's look like your bread.   
Or.....    Somebody stop me!! :D

metalspinner

Fryed turkey, baked ham, carrot suffle, stuffing, and pecan pie.  Those are the standards around here. New things each year are tryed out for fun.
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

sawguy21

DanG, you guys are making me hungry  ;D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

beenthere

I like dessert first, so that happened about 1:30 today. Afterwards, the grand daughters searched for their Christmas tree (last year their was 6" of snow when they did that).

Later about 5 came the turkey dinner and all the fixin's. Plumb full now, but I had dessert when I had room for dessert  ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Max sawdust

Yerr all making me hungry, we are havin the family get together on Friday, after all it is about being around people you want to be and havin lots of good foooood.

Been making a squash soup my nephew introduced me too.  Real simple winter squash, onion, carrot boiled in veggie broth then toss in the blender and then add a little cream.  Smooth and yummy with that turkey..
Can not wait..
max
True Timbers
Cedar Products-Log & Timber Frame Building-Milling-Positive Impact Forestscaping-Cut to Order Lumber

Thank You Sponsors!