iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Stihl MS440 ???

Started by M.Darnell, February 02, 2011, 10:44:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

M.Darnell

I have a chance to buy a used 440. The saw is supposed to be in good shape, I have not heard a price yet. So what is the thing worth? Any issues I should lookout for?

nmurph

condition is everything. it is hard to guess without a pic and inspection. i have seen 044 parts saws go for $100+. runners in fair cosmetic condition are $200+. runners is good cosmetic condition can fetch $400.

M.Darnell

I know what you mean about condition. I have not seen it lately. I did see it about 6 months ago and it looked new then, From what I understand it has not been used much. I was actually looking for something in the 50cc range, But if the price is right.

lumberjack48

Take a look on ebay, this can give you a idea what there selling for.
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

Al_Smith

IMO you'd likely do better on Craigs list .The reason  being is that you'd see what you're buying ,run it etc .

Then too ,just why would someone being selling it ?? When this saw was replaced by the 441  millions of tears were shed at it's demise .Usually people who own them keep them .

M.Darnell

It could be the 441 I think it is the 440 but can't swear to it. What is the diffrence between them? As for the reason my understanding is medical reasons.

Cut4fun

441 new epa strato charged saw and weighs same as 460. 440 was replaced by the 441. I would take a 440 over 441. Just more to my likings.

If you get the 440 and dont like it, I have a bunch of woods ported and stock 45cc-49cc saws. I have a 49cc EHP woods ported Redmax 5000 I would think about trading for a good shape stock 440, if you decided it was to big and heavy for you.

running 3/8 050 stihl RS chain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIt59nKO9J8

Thank You Sponsors!