iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

648g jumping into park while moving

Started by Jcutt, March 09, 2020, 03:41:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jcutt

648g started randomly engaging the parking brake today while in motion any help on the issue is greatly appreciated. First post so im not sure where this should go.

nativewolf

Welcome.  Not an owner of a 648 but there are some on here with experience.  It's a great site and you might want to search the old posts, at least you'll find members that responded to a 648 question.
Liking Walnut

kiko

Jcutt

The brake accumulator will cause it to do that ? We've been looking along the lines of electrical issues

kiko

The G does not any computers but it is still circuited so there has to be service brake pressure before it will release parking break . Also the ground for the park brake solonoid is the excitor wire for the starter. It is the white wire on the starter. Make sure that that wire is not corroded or damaged at the starter.  Check the sockets in the fuse box for the park brake relay.  Also the the park brake solonoid is located at the left rear corner under the cab. The block will be marked as to which is which. Also the switch when you go into park is what turns the brake on and off.

Jcutt

Thanks a bunch for the help. I think we got the parking brake situation figured out it didn't randomly engage today but now its really a pain to start if it stalls takes allot ot messing around with the shifter to get it to start again idk if the park safety switch is going bad or maybe something else is wrong 

kiko

If wiggling the shifter makes things happen it is most likely the park break switch. The shifter handle hits that switch when in park. Also if the shift collar is broken it can have the shift handle not   engaging the switch properly.  Park brake on for engine to start

Jcutt

Is the collar incorporated with the parking brake switch? I pretty much cut but am fairly mechanically inclined as is my boss and its got us both kinda stumped. Pretty sure it doesn't matter but it being a grapple shouldnt make for other possible issues?

Jcutt

Not really wiggling lol pretty much gotta slam it back into park. Possibly a linkage adjustment issue? 

Thank You Sponsors!