iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

fixing

Started by coxy, March 07, 2013, 03:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coxy

i just wanted to do a 2 day run and see how many people went with out brake downs  so maybe we start on tuesday? thanks   my parts will be here monday :)

Autocar

I think here a while back we had a thread something on that line. I made a remark things were good on my end ,the next day everything went south  :D,Iam not saying anything this time  :D
Bill

Ryan D

Had maybe 5 or 6 turns left on this commercial thinning yesterday when this happened.

Nothing major, just a broken valve stem. Pretty easy fix, we were back up and running in 2 hours this morning.

Autocar

While you have the tire off the rim weld your self a pipe nipple around the stem hole then after you have it back togather screw a pipe cap on it then you won't be dealing with that again  ;D.
Bill

Ryan D

I'll be doing that this spring. The tractor is brand new and I had to start the job pretty much as soon as I bought it. I'm moving it to my house next week to add all kinds of guarding so it is better equipped for life in the woods.

treefarmer87

trans on the c6 got stuck day before yesterday, it snowed yesterday, easy fix tomm morning.
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

bill m

The last breakdown I can think of was about 18 months ago.
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

JDeere

I was just telling someone this morning that things were starting to go smooth. Then today we had 2 skidders go down and a minor problem with our crane. So much for smooth sailing.
2013 Western Star, 2012 Pelletier trailer, Serco 7500 crane, 2007 Volvo EC 140, 2009 John Deere 6115D, 2002 Cat 938G, 1997 John Deere 540G, 1996 Cat D-3C, 1995 Cat 416B, 2013 Cat 305.5E

Northern Timber Harvesting

the only time you can be sure not to have breakdowns is when your not working.

PAFaller

Quote from: NorthernTimberHarvesting on March 07, 2013, 09:04:02 PM
the only time you can be sure not to have breakdowns is when your not working.

My wife would disagree. My machines may not break down but after a couple days of bad weather and knee deep mud where I cant work I can start to get 'hard to deal with'  to put it mildly.
It ain't easy...

Offthebeatenpath

This didn't happen in the last two days, but its what I'm helping to work on today.

1985 JD 440D, ASV tracked skid steer w/ winch, Fecon grapple, & various attachments, Hitachi CG-30 tracked dump truck, CanyCom S25 crawler carrier, Volvo EC35C mini-ex, Kubota 018-4 mini-ex, Cormidi 100 self loading tracked dumper, various other little trail building machines and tools...

snowstorm

oil leaks ever have a jic fitting that leaks a little even when tight. there is a seal that snaps on to the male fitting. its a thin piece of stainless with a rubber coating. and it works real well. they are not reuseable. at $2.50 each cheap enought

Offthebeatenpath

I was pushing some snow with the one ton late this afternoon when I lost hydraulic pressure and began seeing blue snow.  Blew a hole through the rusty elbow of one of the cylinders.  Popped it off, ordered a new one 10 minutes before NAPA closed. Should be back in business in the morning.  Have to replace one hose as well.
1985 JD 440D, ASV tracked skid steer w/ winch, Fecon grapple, & various attachments, Hitachi CG-30 tracked dump truck, CanyCom S25 crawler carrier, Volvo EC35C mini-ex, Kubota 018-4 mini-ex, Cormidi 100 self loading tracked dumper, various other little trail building machines and tools...

thecfarm

The NAPA right on Route 4,right next door to mcMurray? At least you made it in time.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Stephen Alford

Hey coxy, just wondering how you made out with your winch? I count on the ol cacar winch to work every day, so it gets taken in every 5/6 years and just gets  rebuilt.  Had to take the starter off tonight, only took a few minutes, cutting the socket  in half so it would fit between the starter and motor took a little longer.   Any of you lads looking for an engagement ring for that special someone, I got a corker.  :D

Ryan D,  when the tire was apart to put on the valve protection, welded some rebar around the rim as well. There are pics in the gallery you just have to go to user then look under s .  Thats nice work your doing .

logon

sawguy21

:D When things are going well, we just know that something is about to break. Talked to a customer in south west Manitoba today, they are dealing with  major snow storm. Hubby and son mounted the snow blower on the tractor and promptly punched a tire. Spent most of the day clearing the driveway so they could get the truck in to do the repair.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

NWP

$500 hydraulic saw motor replaced on my firewood processor yesterday.  Cuts good now.
1999 Blockbuster 2222, 1997 Duratech HD10, 2021 Kubota SVL97-2, 2011 Case SV250, 2000 Case 1845C, 2004 Case 621D, John Deere 540A, 2011 Freightliner with Prentice 120C, 2012 Chevrolet, 1997 GMC bucket truck, several trailers, and Stihl saws.

coxy

ya got it going the rubbers from gmatic are crap got them from napa there all most twice as thick the handle has never been that stiff  ;D  thanks 4 asking at lest im not the only 1 in the poor house :D :D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Thank You Sponsors!