iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Predator Swap on LT 35

Started by ajkoontz, November 13, 2020, 08:46:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajkoontz

I think we're going to swap out the engine on an early 90's Woodmizer LT 35 over Thanksgiving weekend. It currently has the opposed twin Briggs engine that came from Woodmizer. Seems pretty straightforward, but I figure at least a few on here have done this and wanted to check on here if anyone has any advice. One thing I need to figure out- what size pulley will I need to get?

Does anyone know if the pulley on the Briggs shaft will fit the Predator, or I guess what I really need to know is the shaft size of the Predator engine and the correct outer diameter?

Other than that it seems like build a bracket to mount up new holes, a few new hoses, some longer wires, and maybe some work on the throttle cable. Is that about all there is to it or is there anything I'm missing?

Thanks in advance

btulloh

There are manuals for those predators that have all the dimensions.  Usually linked from the site they're being sold. 
HM126

John S

I did not know that the LT 35 was available that long ago.
2018 LT40HDG38 Wide

mike_belben

Vtwin predator has a 1inch shaft. So does the electic start 1 cyl.. 13hp i think? You didnt mention what model.
Praise The Lord

SawyerTed

The website has the shaft sizes for those motors.
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

chet

A quick online search will give you the owners manual, that will answer your mounting questions. As with most factory settings on new engines these days the carbs come set really lean. Again a quick online search will guide you through the remedy.
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

47sawdust

perhaps an LT30....too early for LT35
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

ajkoontz

Thank You Sponsors!