iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Guy

Started by Cgparks87, December 03, 2020, 01:45:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cgparks87

Hello All!

I was told (ordered) to join this forum by Mr. Rob from Tule Peak Timber.

My experience in woodworking is only a few years.  I took the orientation course with The Hand Tool School.  My path has been toward the "unplugged" style.  I like this for the craftmanship and it really allows my kids to hang out with me when I am creating.  Plus my workshop is pretty small.  

The intent I have for joining this forum is to grow my knowledge within this craft.  Then I can apply the lessons learned here to practical work and grow my experience.  There really isn't a drive to create a business since I work full time.  But I do tend to take commissions when I need to buy new tools or supplies.  

This is my little shop, still working everything out since I just moved here and haven't been able to really focus on organizing.  

~Chris~

Texas Ranger

A Texas  Flag and from southern California?  Oh the  horror! ;D  Welcome to the forum, pull up a stump and set a spell, bunch of good folks that can answer questions, question, and comment.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

RichTired

Welcome to the forum!
You will find a wealth of knowledge and lots of members who love to help spend other people's money...  :D

And Thank You for your service! 
usflag
Wood-Mizer LT15GO, Kubota L2800, Husqvarna 268 & Stihl 241 C-M chainsaws, Logrite cant hook, Ford F-150 Fx4

Richard

tule peak timber

Good to see you here Gunny ! This is a great place to learn the craft.

I promise to keep you in wood,  Cheers Rob  WOC
persistence personified - never let up , never let down

Walnut Beast

Glad you joined. Welcome 👍

firefighter ontheside

Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

hacknchop

Welcome to the forum.
Often wrong never indoubt

Tacotodd

You'll have fun here and increase knowledge as well. Remember, don't be afraid to comment or ask questions about ALMOST anything.

Heck, you can even start new threads about stuff that's interesting to you, or just stuff in general! :P
Trying harder everyday.

trimguy

Welcome, this is a great place learn.

thecfarm

Yes welcome.
We like pictures of some of the stuff you have built.  ;)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

dgdrls

caveman

Caveman

Cgparks87

Quote from: thecfarm on December 03, 2020, 08:54:25 PM
Yes welcome.
We like pictures of some of the stuff you have built.  ;)
I added a bunch to my site that I tried making one time.  I made it really just from playing around and had no intention of growing a business.
https://wrekt-woodworking.square.site/completed-projects

I also post a lot on my Instagram and Facebook.

Login ? Instagram

Southside

Welcome to the Forum.  Nice work space you have there and a great mentor to boot.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Cgparks87

Quote from: Texas Ranger on December 03, 2020, 02:32:12 PM
A Texas  Flag and from southern California?  Oh the  horror! ;D  Welcome to the forum, pull up a stump and set a spell, bunch of good folks that can answer questions, question, and comment.
Well I am a Texan, just happened to be stationed in California right now.  From Gonzales county.

Cgparks87

Quote from: tule peak timber on December 03, 2020, 02:54:28 PM
Good to see you here Gunny ! This is a great place to learn the craft.

I promise to keep you in wood,  Cheers Rob  WOC
Well I appreciate letting me pick through your "trash"....already started turning it into useful items.  Trying to minimize waste is a great thing  :D
<b
r>

Thank You Sponsors!