iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wild Canada Plum (native)

Started by SwampDonkey, July 03, 2004, 08:14:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

Picked some wild Canada plum yesterday and mother washed them. Going to try some jelly.  smiley_bouncing_pinky food6

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

Jelly along with a sample.  ;D 8)

A sample for your pleasure. :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Magicman

That is some pretty jelly.  Looks like it has already been sampled.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SwampDonkey

Jeff

The benefits of being the jelly maker. You get to heavily sample what doesn't fit in the jar.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

SwampDonkey

I never made it, but I sampled.  I added some to a dish of real black cherry ice cream to. :D :D We have 2 cups of  juice left that we will be putting in with the cranberry juice for jelly.  8)  ;D

SwampDonkey

This little clump (of three) wild Canada Plum I planted 3 years ago. One of the three is flowering for the first time. This bush is 4 feet tall, and they grow really fast. I read that the flowers last a long time and a good cross pollinator for other plums. But they will self pollinate to. There was some black knot on some stems when I got it, and I cured that with WD-40. Yep, not a knot on it now. None.

Thank You Sponsors!