iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Help with the l200/kd250 powered vent kit

Started by Hot Shot Rob, June 26, 2018, 04:45:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hot Shot Rob

The shop I work at has recently purchased a kd/250 from woodmizer. We also purchased the powered vent kit to go with it as recommended. I have looked through the manual and talked with both woodmizer and nyle about location and how to set up the vent. According to the manual that came with the kiln it states to put the vent on the downwind side (opposite of the dehumidifier) which is where I installed it. After speaking with woodmizer I was initially told it should be installed on the dehumidifier side and then later on in the conversation was told that was for the kd/50 and that for the 200 it was placed right. I just got of the phone with nyle and was told that the fan unit should be on the dehumidifier side and the separate luvered vent should be on the opposite side. Someone please help. Pictures would be greatly appreciated.

Southside

My powered exhaust vent is on the same side as the dehumidifier, the non powered louvers are on the opposite side and it works just fine.

The box which houses the fan sits inside of the kiln chamber with the louvers to the inside as the fan will suck air through the louvers and push it past the fan and out of your chamber. Mine is flush mounted to the stainless steel chamber wall. It does not look right, but it is.

I went through the same exercise you are presently going through before understanding how to set it up correctly.

Also - Be sure to check the voltage set up in the fan motors, my taps were all tied in for 120V. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

K-Guy

Hi Rob
This may help
Stan from Nyle.
Nyle Service Dept.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
- D. Adams

Thank You Sponsors!