iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

How does your winter look like !!!

Started by isawlogs, January 08, 2010, 04:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

chevytaHOE5674

Yes sir, had some free time so i took the sled up there for the great views. For only being 15 miles down the road I rarely make it there.

Roxie

The first day of spring, and I've got another pretty face to add to the pictures.  This colt was given to me by the handsome fella standing behind him.  The colt's Mama was taken as a wet mare for a very important Thoroughbred.  He's half thoroughbred, half paint.  Isn't he gorgeous! 

Say when

Magicman

And "painted" up quite nicely.....thank you.  What a wonderful family "addition"...... smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

isawlogs

He is as nice as they could come .  8) 8)  Woo Hoo !!!!
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

WDH

He is some handsome!

What is his name?
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

isawlogs

A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

CLL

Nice looking baby, love thoroughbreds!!!
Too much work-not enough pay.

Roxie

:D  I haven't named him yet....any suggestions? 
Say when

Jeff

Quote from: Roxie on March 21, 2010, 08:18:38 AM
:D  I haven't named him yet....any suggestions? 

"Detour"

Cause Detour Village is my favorite place and I think it might possibly make a unique name. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

LOGDOG

First name that came to mind for me was "Blaze" because of the blaze between his eyes and the likelyhood that he'll be fast with the thoroughbred blood in him. Very handsome colt. :)

Patty

He is beautiful Roxie! I love the loud paints, they are really popular around here.

We have a guy about 15 miles from us that raises World Champion paints. It is fun to go by in the spring when all the babies are out frolicking.

Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Norm

What a cute colt!

Will he get as big as a thoroughbred Roxie?

Roxie

His Daddy is a 15 1/2 hand buckskin paint.  Judging by the joint size of his knees, we think he's gonna be a good size.  He has a really great disposition.  We put the halter on him, and snapped on a lead, and he walked with us like he'd been doing it all his life. 
Say when

Norm

Sounds like he'll be be good size. His leg to back length look well proportioned.

Going to train him for barrel's?

LOGDOG

Norm,

There's something about reading that last statement from you....

Quote from: Norm on March 22, 2010, 08:52:17 PM
His leg to back length look well proportioned.

... and then looking over to the left seeing you holding that hind quarter that would make me nervous if I was that colt.  :o I'm just saying ...  ;)

isawlogs

Good thing he did not have the BBQ Boy for an avatar ... !!!!!   :o ;D

Marcel

Roxie

:D :D

I plan to just enjoy him, although the grandkids might be thinking barrells someday.  Cowboy Bob enjoys team penning, but we found out the hard way that a good cutting horse ain't necessarily a plus around dairy cows.  He had a mare he called Mama and she was so dedicated to cutting cows, she'd run our heifers through the fence every chance she got.  Yes siree, ol Mama enjoyed bossing those cows, with or without our help.   :o

Say when

bl73

Great looking colt you have there Roxie,we recently had to sell our cutting horse because he started just running the steer over like he had a grudge or something, but he made someone a great trail horse... does anyone in your area use buffalo to train cutting horses? it's getting to be a popular thing over here.

Norm

We had a cutting horse show up at our farm once that loved to boss around the cows. The neighbor brought over his bull for services and cured the horse of that habit real fast. :D

WDH

Quote from: Patty on March 21, 2010, 03:04:26 PM
He is beautiful Roxie! I love the loud paints, they are really popular around here.

We have a guy about 15 miles from us that raises World Champion paints. It is fun to go by in the spring when all the babies are out frolicking.

Maybe you could call him Loud Paint.  Anyway, it is probably too late since I bet that you have named him already.

Roxie

His name is Whiskey.  Here's a picture of him checking out the cattle trailer.

And here he is, with four in the air!

Say when

LOGDOG

Whiskey is a good name. He's handsome.  :)

WDH

I will have to start calling him "Jim Beam"  :D.

Thank You Sponsors!