iDRY Vacuum Kilns

New message notification

Started by drobertson, October 11, 2012, 09:08:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drobertson

Just wondering why after reading a new message I continue to get a new message alert?
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

thecfarm

I would think must be the way you are clicking on to it? I mean the way you are going to that message.Tell you the truth I don't really know how I do it.Works fine by me,however I do it.  ::)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jeff

I would have to know the details on how you are navagating the forum and exactly what is happening in order to have a better answer, but odds are, you are using your back button and your browser is returning a cached page.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

drobertson

Well upon login, the lil window appears  notifiying of a new message,  would you like to read? I go up to the message tab click on it and read it.  I then back out with the back page  arrow and get back on the forum home page.  then the message alert will pop up and say you have new message, but it is the same one I just read. no biggy, just wondering what was up.  thanks
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Magicman

After you back up to the forum home page, click the little circle arrow beside the arrows and X.  That is your "refresh" button.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

Its simply because of the way you are moving through the forum. When you back up, you are doing exactly that, going back to what you just looked at. If there was a message alert, then you look at that again as well. That's what backup buttons are for, to look at previous content.  If you do as Magicman suggests, hitting the browser's refresh button, you will change the page from past, to current.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Warbird

Or, when you are done reading/replying to your messages, you can scroll all the way to the top of the page and click the "Home" link near the upper left.  This will take you to a refreshed view of the forum listings.

drobertson

thanks guys, sorry, I have tried to tell you all I am a bit of a knuckle head sometimes,  I just get so excited I hit all the wrong buttons to fast.  And to make matters worse, I still don't know how to apply the lil icons just above the text box 8) 8)  Well would you look at that!  hahaha, I just did it,  what a day!

Warbird

No worries.  We are here to help.

Magicman

I hope that no one remembers the stumbles that I made on here.   :o

Even simple things are not so simple if you do not understand or ask, and it's good to know that everyone is willing to lend a helping hand.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Magicman

:-[  I have never used "Home".  Thanks Warbird.   :)

Chuck White

Do as MM said, click the Refresh button at the very top of the screen!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!