iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Opening day archery deer season

Started by Dana, October 01, 2004, 09:47:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dana

It is the first of October 1 and archery season opens today. Wish I was in the woods!  Anyone out there have any good stories to tell yet?
Grass-fed beef farmer, part time sawyer

Norm

Ours opened the 1st of October also, I've been seeing more deer moving as the fields are being harvested. A buddy of mine said that during the youth season some folks hunted his parents land and saw a 14 point buck. :o  It wouldn't surprise me as they are in some prime area and we always see a couple of nice bucks there. Problem is the multi-flora rose has taken over the old pasture land and it's almost impossible to hunt half of it now. Somehow the deer are able to move through it and actually seem to prefer this area to hide out as the other surrounding land is hunted.

As for me I've not been out yet as I usually wait until the end of the month to do any hunting. Just hearing about that big buck made the old hunting instincts get going though. Come to think of it fresh deer loin barbqued on the grill would taste pretty good. (got to slip food in here someway) ;D

EZ

Our season open oct 1 also. Like Norm, I usally wait until the end of the month but I just couldnt wait. Went out 2 times and I seen a BB and another BB and another BB. ::)
EZ

Thank You Sponsors!