iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Furry morning surprise

Started by tree-farmer, July 24, 2010, 04:52:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tree-farmer

Being a early riser, most Saturday morning I get up before day break and spend a couple of hours on the computer in the living room. It is a great spot next to a bay window where I have my bird feeders hanging form hooks attached to the sofit of the roof overhang. This has kept the racoons and all but the most determined squirrels away. The squirrels that do make to the feeder climb up the gutter and jump to the feeders.
Well this morning I hear scratching sounds similar to those of a squirrel climbing the gutter. I step over and slide open the window to scare it an find myself looking at a mid-size black bear that has climbed up the side of the house using an external support column and is trying to reach the bird feeders.
Startled I just looked at him and said, "get down from there", and that is what he did. I woke up the wife and we watched him mill around the yard a bit, checked out the blueberry bushes and then went off into the woods.
I love living in the woods for just this reason, but sure was a surprise to come nose to nose with a bear unexpectedly.
Pictures you say, well did not think of it untill he/she was gone. _Next time though.
Old doesn't bother me, its the ugly that's a real bummer.

Warbird

Yikes!!  That sure would be a surprise! 

Magicman

Wow, what a very pleasant and unexpected surprise.  This proves once again that there are rewards for early risers.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SPIKER

Hey I wanna know who ended up cleaning up the MESS in the living room where you were standing? :D :D ;D ::) :-X

Mark
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

Samuel

At least he was only after the bird seed.  He could have very well came through the front door.
Web: HugeDomains.com - StrategicHseSystems.com is for sale (Strategic Hse Systems)
LinkedIn http://ca.linkedin.com/in/samuelelkins
Software Solutions-
DATS | Digital Action Tracking System by ASM

SwampDonkey

I listened to one fellow explain to a store clerk that that coons where running off with his garbage cans down into the bush. It's a bear I said in the back of my mind. I have coons here every night when apples and berries are getting ripe and I never had coons lug garbage cans off.  ;)

Usually have chipmunks in the wood pile. Yesterday I look out and it's a family of feral cats climbing over the wood pile.  ::) Yesterday afternoon Tippy was also making his rounds along the edge of the lawn.  ;D We have a lot of foxes in this area. I've seen 5 different ones last week, different areas.

Foxes, skunks and coons keep the lawn manicured and fertilized. Watch your step. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

Quote from: SwampDonkey on July 26, 2010, 04:17:27 PM
I look out and it's a family of feral cats climbing over the wood pile. 

New crop for 2011.  ::)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!