iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

JD 320 lawnmower PTO issue

Started by ksu_chainsaw, August 08, 2020, 09:54:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ksu_chainsaw

I'm looking at used lawnmowers, and found a JD 320 hydrostat with hydraulic lift. The issue with it is the pto will not stay on. It engages then when you start driving it will fade out, then if you stop it comes back on Has anyone heard of this before, or know how to fix it? If I didn't need the mower to work ASAP, I would gamble and cross my fingers that it's an easy fix.

Thanks 

Mooseherder

The pto and wires on my machine are at the lowest point in the bottom center of the machine.  It could be something simple as a loose live or ground connection.  I've had to route and tie them out of harm's way a few years ago.  Machine is about 25 years old same pto.  Currently spends time forestry mulching. ;D

chevytaHOE5674

The air gap on the electric PTO clutch is out of spec most likely. Can't remember the spec off hand probably like .015-.020. 3 bolt on the outside of the clutch is your adjustment. 

mike_belben

Put a voltmeter on the battery .. If the charging coil is weak or faulty it'll draw the battery down and reduce the magnetism in the pto clutch until it slips
Praise The Lord

Thank You Sponsors!