The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Chainsawr, The Worlds Largest Inventory of Chainsaw Parts

Smith Sawmill Service

Author Topic: Sell, Sell, and Sell Some More  (Read 1188 times)

Offline Corley5

• Senior Member x2
  • Wolverine, Michigan
    • Share Post
    • Whittaker Farms
Re: Sell, Sell, and Sell Some More
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2022, 07:40:37 AM »
  Selling prices for real estate around here had $$$ flashing in my eyes for our farm but...  If we did that and paid the fees and taxes associated with the sale and then had to buy a place to live in this inflated market. We wouldn't be any farther ahead.
  My old 753 Bobcat is getting pretty long in the tooth and I'm considering getting rid of it while it's still worth something.  There's a Kubota R420 loader at an upcoming local auction but with prices inflated as they are it'll probably bring more than I'm willing to pay.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Offline Big_eddy

• Cutting and Splitting my way through life
    • Share Post
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2022, 07:04:48 PM »
I need a diesel truck. I dont want new but used prices are just stupid. No way Im paying more for a 10yr old truck than it sold for new. And new trucks just arent there. But I figure with diesel prices going the way they are, interest rates going up, and manufacturers finally starting to fill some orders, in another 12 months or so there will be all kinds of used ones being unloaded. Ive made it this far. Trusty rusty is just going to have to hold it together another 12 months.

Offline barbender

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2022, 11:03:41 PM »
Yeah I was thinking about upgrading to a fresher diesel this year for pulling the camper. Not at these prices. I'm hoping for the kind of market correction where everyone else is broke but I still have money, haha.
Too many irons in the fire

Offline YellowHammer

• Senior Member x2
  • Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.
    • Share Post
    • Hobby Hardwood Alabama
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2022, 12:05:01 AM »
Ive just been going around the farm looking for stuff I havent used in years, and dragging it out of the weeds and selling it.  

Im about to start collecting all the scrap metal I have, many, many tons at least, and dragging it off to the salvage place, but I dont know what steel is getting these days.  

I have an old 4 wheel hay wagon going out next, I dont have any cows anymore, so dont  need it.  Ive got an extra boat thats heading out, then an old fertilizer sprayer, stuff like that.  
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it wont roll, its not a log; its still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, theyre burned, and you cant fix them.  So dont burn the cookies.

Sawing is fun for the first couple hundred boards.

Offline ljohnsaw

• Senior Member x2
  • Happily retired... Working harder than ever!
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2022, 12:51:50 AM »
Out here at Schnitzer, heavy iron prepared (less than 4' in length) gets anywhere from $240 to $290/ton.  Unprepared is usually $10-$20 less/ton.  The thin stuff they call tin is in the $160-$190/ton range.  When waiting to weigh out or cash out, I see a lot of "yard art" being hauled in.  Sad to see some really vintage tractors heading off to China.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/32" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Offline WV Sawmiller

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
    • Green's Sawmill Services
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2022, 06:29:24 AM »
   I was looking around the place for things that don't/won't work any more to sell but she refuses to leave? ::) :D
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2009 4wd Dodge PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Sthil 440 & 441, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once"

Offline GAB

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2022, 08:41:41 AM »
  I was looking around the place for things that don't/won't work any more to sell but she refuses to leave? ::) :D
Now Mr. Green, with a statement like that I'm getting the impression your cruising for the big "D".
For your sake I hope she has a very good sense of humor.
GAB
W-M LT40HDD34 w/6' ext & SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
The last one we'll ever sell

Started by glgdiggs on Chainsaws

7 Replies
Last post April 10, 2010, 10:06:43 PM
by eamassey
xx
Should I sell

Started by Stephen1 on General Board

7 Replies
Last post July 04, 2009, 11:04:38 PM
by Ironwood