iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Making my 78 year old mother proud

Started by Larrywoodsaw, May 10, 2013, 12:06:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larrywoodsaw

This weekend my mother gets to watch me saw some lumber for the first time on my new mill. It will bring back alot of memories for her.  Both of my parents started out sawing lumber and peeling posts for a living back in the yearly 60s. And she always said that was the best and most rewarding work they did and loved every mintute of it. And this weekend it's going to be something I will always remember and feel proud of.  This is something I just thought I would share with you folks. 

Nomad

Congrats, Larry.  I'm sure your mother will have a very enjoyable and happy day.  And be quite proud of you to boot!
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

thecfarm

Lucky her and you. Neither of my parents got to see my mill. My Mother would not of understood how it worked,but would of enjoyed seeing it. My Father and me looked at a few when he was alive.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

Congrats on the Mom Demo.  smiley_thumbsup

I remember the morning that I loaded my Mom into her car and I drove to the sawmill.  I parked so that she had a good view and could watch me saw a log.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

terrifictimbersllc

Wonder if anyone ever welded up a tandem seat for a sawmill?   A "sawmill built for two"!
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Magicman

Pat and I have a tandem sawing deal.  I saw it and she helps me spend the $$$.   smiley_love
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

justallan1

You are a very lucky man, Larry.
Have fun, I'm sure your mother will.
Allan

Happycamper

Larry,
Happy Mother's  Day to your Mom. Tell her for me that this 78 year old enjoys every minute of sawing and I just bought my mill in February. Sawing for the first time in my life.
                                   Jim
Wether you think you can or you can't you're right

Chuck White

I've sawn logs at my Mom's house quite a few times and she would always get in her golf cart and drive out and watch me saw a few logs!

We both liked it very much.

She would always say "I love the smell of Pine".

I haven't sawed there the last 2 years, and now she isn't able to get around like she did a few years ago!

But I'll always remember her sitting there and watching me mill lumber!

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Larrywoodsaw

It should be a wonderful day. She hasn't been around a sawmill in 20 years. She told me she can't wait to sit down watch and have that smell sawdust all day.

John_Haylow

That sounds like a good day Larry.
John
2004 Wood-Mizer LT40HDG28

Thank You Sponsors!