iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

gremlins (may be) ARE vanquished

Started by woodmills1, June 22, 2014, 02:38:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodmills1

last week the mill worked fine 2 days, but was hunting for height on 2 others.
A friend with skills was here today with his meter and checked a few things but no real results.  I said, "what about the key switch?"  A quarter turn on 2 of the terminals and it seems like the world is well.  In pattern sawing mode the head hardly corrects itself, just nails the posotion.  Thanks for all the tips that it was a connection or ground issue.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Chuck White

Yup, with electrical issues, check grounds for good contact first, but sometimes you've got to check the hot side too!  ;)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

drobertson

Grounds, connections, and cables, check them all,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Magicman

Low voltage for whatever reason will always do bad things.   :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

woodmills1

sniff, sniff, sniff, not fixed.  All week on manual, made money very slowly.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Magicman

I found one on my sawmill last week.  The battery connectors have clamp with two ΒΌ" bolts that tighten a strap.  Over time, they had both become loose.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

woodmills1

my first attack on first go round and then again second round was at the battery.  Cleaned retighened all.  There are like 3 or 4 small ground wires at the neg battery terminal on mine

woodmills1

It is fixed.  Many thanks to sparks for his repeated help on the phone.  Turned out to be at least 2 and maybe 3 errors.  The up down motor was in bad shape, with bad bearings, loose terminals and blackened commutator.  All probably due to the 2 years it sat idle. had a local shop rebuild it.  The battery would start the motor but was dropping voltage when the hydralics were running, new battery.  Last but most it turns out that the wire from the  transducer to the head is bad.  She now stops on a dime almost instantly in patteren mode.  Rick mailed me a new one with no up front cost so if it didn't fix it I could return it.  I guess I will have to pay for it.  Once again many many thanks to the woodmizer team.

sparks

Glad we could get you up and going. Don't worry about the cable. It's on the house.
\"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.\" Abraham Lincoln

woodmills1

Thank You Sponsors!