iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

WILD BOARS

Started by SAW MILLER, September 20, 2005, 08:16:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz-sawyer

Garey

I already wanted to be your neighbor when I saw your lake.now the pigs a roastin?!?!? :D :D :D
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

farmerdoug

We have a small but growing population just a few miles west of me here in Michigan.  It seems that a group bought 80 acres 10-15 years ago and fenced it in.  They then let go 30 wild hogs for their own hunting.  They left them to their own means for 3-4 years.  When they came up to hunt, they discoveried that a large tree had fallen on the fence sometime during the 3-4 years and all of the hogs were gone.  ::) They told noone but a few years ago people started to see them.  The idiots are protecting as they see a new big game animal to hunt.   >:(The DNR wants them all killed.  They are about eight miles away as the crow flies as near as I can figure.  But I probably will see them soon.  I raise sweet corn and vegetables so they are really not welcome.  I will shoot them with a vengance. ;)

Farmerdoug
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

GareyD

Buzz...come on down, we'll always make sum room fer ya ;D
The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best friends, if they're okay, then it's you.

Robert R

I went camping/hunting/horseback riding a couple years back.  Called the USFS ranger to confirm creeks were passable before driving all the way across Missouri.  He asked us to shoot any we saw on site even if we didn't want them.  Just shoot and let them lay was better than not shooting them.  We were near Potosi.  Didn't see any but saw lots of evidence.
chaplain robert
little farm/BIG GOD

Fla._Deadheader

Got some Prime land close by, that the Goobermint "owns".??  It's getting overrun with Hogs. Can't Bowhunt 'em, cause the Horsey people went in and make riding trails, FOR A CONCESSION, and they are afraid Bowhunters would shoot the horses ???

Right now, all along I-95, you can see hogs during the day, occasionally, and the grass is all being rooted up. Ever see ACRES of grass rooted up??

Wait till they start getting run over and causing people to die.  ::) ::)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

pigman

Quote from: Fla._Deadheader on November 13, 2005, 07:32:18 AM

the grass is all being rooted up. Ever see ACRES of grass rooted up??

They say Mr. Deere invented the steel plow, but the first plow was a hog snout. ;)
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Fla._Deadheader

I know one thing, you got a bad green briar patch and want it gone, fence it and put in a few snouts. Briars don't stand a chance.  ;D ;) :) :)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

pigman

Put some hogs in a small area and they will kill everything but jimson weed.
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Robert R

Those snouts can be put to good use.  I never till my garden--I use the heavy mulching method.  Every 3 or 4 years, I like it stirred up to start over.  I run a hot wire around the perimeter and put 4 to 6 feeders in for the fall.  After they are gone, I either rake it all back out flat or if there is time, I put the chickens in there and scatter grain on the high spots and let them rake it back out flat.  Put down a few inches of horse fertilzer and cover with either leaves or straw or moldy hay and she's ready to plant.  If they happen to make a low spot that gets compacted, a nice couple gallons of ashes from the stove will fix that too.
chaplain robert
little farm/BIG GOD

Thank You Sponsors!